·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
they do look good don't they:drool:

but i wonder if they fit as well as they do in the pictures?

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread too:yum:

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Yeh they do look nice in some of the pictures, but, am i bein stupid or is there no real description of to what u get?! there is just bits and pieces of words put together, obviously a foreign seller!?

Plus, from what i can understand from it, i dont think i would like to strip the lining off my seats to fit these, i dont think i could make it fit aswell as they have. would u wana risk it?

Apologies to those who have already brought from them, do let me know how it turns out cos i do wana get my rear seat re-trimmed!

Pete

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
I bought some for my 300zx, they come with full instructions to fit them and it takes a couple of hours to get your old covers off and to fit these, its a bit fiddly but not beyond the average persons means.

here's pics of my Z interior....

I had just finished fitting it when i took these pics, the leather settles down and loosens up after a few days. so a lot of the wrinkles disappear..

i had the Z for a further 12 months after these photos before i sold it and the seats stayed looking brand new.

cheers

Andy

EDIT :

just noticed this is NOT the guy i got mine from, mine were REAL leather and from a guy in scotland - SORRY, i'll find out his details.

BUT THE KITS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS EXCEPT THAT HIS ARE LEATHERETTE AND A MUCH BETTER PRICE, I PAYED £700.00 FOR MINE INCLUDING THE EXTRA LEATHER I NEEDED, LEATHERETTE IS VERY CLOSE TO LEATHER AND THE PRICE HE'S SELLING THEM AT IS A VERY GOOD PRICE COMPARED TO WHAT I PAYED..

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
hmm me too

they would defo spruce the interia up a bit

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
hmmm very tempted by these. They look very good!

How much would a normal retrim cost?

Black with white inserts!! Yum!

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
i also bought enough extra leather to re-trim the door cards, the dash, glove box, centre console etc, and i got some handbrake and gear stick gaitors made too. I got 2 extra headrest covers too because i got hold of a couple of extra headrests and put them in the rear as the 300zx doesn't have rear headrests.

Andy

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I may well by myself another xmas present, As to be honest it's the interior that really Fooks me off about the skyline. Not bothered about Leatherette as long as they fit as shown :D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm very tempted by these. They look very good!

How much would a normal retrim cost?

Black with white inserts!! Yum!
GOOD CALL :D Would look awesome in a white car :D :D

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
I'd give neo a shout from here lads as he does all the kits as well plus he's a trader on here and well priced at least u'll have some come back,

Where as with Egay u get screwed and ur screwed lol where as Neo is a well established trader on here. Drop him a bell and see what he can offer as a kit. although for the extra i'd get him to do.....Cos if he messes up he replaces it lol.

Am a carpet fitter to trade amount of folk that stand over me on a daily basis and say i could do that.......Yer ryt mate i cut to within a mil of tolerance but by all means crack on lol

Just a thought cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
Guys drop me a line for a proper job on sprucing up the inside of your Skyline...

Just fitted these during last week to a guy from Essex car...

[/QUOTE]

£800 fitted INC VAT

Thats seats + door inserts + gear & ebrake gaiters + armrest top!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys drop me a line for a proper job on sprucing up the inside of your Skyline...

Just fitted these during last week to a guy from Essex car...

£800 fitted INC VAT

Thats seats + door inserts + gear & ebrake gaiters + armrest top![/QUOTE]

No Offence fella but thats alot more than the leatherette kit costs, I know they will be better quality and fit perfectly but For the sake of £500 I'd rather buy the others and fit them myself, Lets face it the skyline is 10yrs old and I am never going to get anything back when I sell it so £300 for a kit that looks half decent will do me. ANYTHING is better than the standard trim to be honest.

·
Registered
318 Posts
£800 fitted INC VAT

Thats seats + door inserts + gear & ebrake gaiters + armrest top!
No Offence fella but thats alot more than the leatherette kit costs, I know they will be better quality and fit perfectly but For the sake of £500 I'd rather buy the others and fit them myself, Lets face it the skyline is 10yrs old and I am never going to get anything back when I sell it so £300 for a kit that looks half decent will do me. ANYTHING is better than the standard trim to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Agree it costs a lot more than the leatherette kit mate...what you spend on your car depends on personal budget, tastes, a whole load of diff reasons...

The kits do look quite good for the money to be fair.

However....theres no substitute for the real thing! :D :cheers:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
However....theres no substitute for the real thing! :D :cheers:
Very true :D Can't beat the smell of leather in a car :D If I was planning on keeping it for a long time I would indeed choose someone such as yourself to do the job !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
maccer has a set of seats off an ebay type shop and personally i dont think they look too bad really. need to think cost wise

1 - 20 of 22 Posts