Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys hows it going?

I'm not sure whats going on but my car intermittently fires up. It does conk out or splutter just either comes on or doesn't. When i insert the key i always turn it to the last dial and leave it for the 'AT check' to disappear then turn it on but like i said at this point it fires up intermittently. When i turn the key i can here something clicking in the engine but it doesn't fire up. I have no fault codes either and when the engine is running its perfect.

I have been reading about this issue and there have been numerous suggestions, it could be a problem with the key, it could be a battery problem, it could be a fuel pump problem etc. Im just wondering if anyone has got any advice or experience on this issue. I have a 350GT 2003

Many Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,013 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a flat battery to me, have you tried fully charging the battery and then see if the problem improves, if so replace the battery with a decent size one rather than the pathetic small Japanese one fitted.
Your never going to be able to diagnose a starting problem with a dodgy battery.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
I had similar and it was my battery too - small Jap one is next to useless....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts