Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Southern Ireland Area Rep
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I am looking for a place over here in Ireland that will install my AVCR into my R34 GTT

Any of the Irish guys on here know of any reputable tuners?

Owen

·
Registered
683 Posts
hi mate, i know who NOT to go to anyways, Trackday Performance in Wickow unless you want lied to and your money stolen!!! i had a run in with these cowbows last week, i booked in to get my Power FC mapped, gave him all the details he needed over the phone and he told me to come on down. i live 150 odd miles away so i set off very early in the morning to be the rush hour going through Dublin. i was sitting in the car until after half 9 until anyone even showed up and all they done was looked me up and down as if i was a tramp, took my car in and wanked about for an hour then told me that they couldnt map the car as they didnt even have the software to do it. so, they dragged me half the country, made me wait most of the morning to tell me that he could do nothing for me and had the cheek to charge me 150euro for doing nothing. he refused to give me my keys back until i paid up. complete cowboys!!!!
anyway, i phoned back a week or so later to see if they were getting the software in for the Power FC(as they told me they would be), i was very ignorantly told that it would take a while, prob a long while. i was then told that (your not going to believe this) Rising sun performance dont know what they are talking about when it comes to mapping Power FC's, i nearly fell off my chair laughing and told him to wise up!! i was then asking about the HKS F-con and he siad that he could supply fit and map for 1500euro, i thought it was a bit steep as i could get the f-con form nengun for £500 or less. he said that if i bought from nengun then he would refuse to map my car claiming why should he lose out on profit because someone else can undercut him on price. ive never met a bigger knobhead in all my life. End of rant!!!

this is just my experience with them. i wouldnt want to see or hear of anyone else getting caught the way i did so beware of these cowboys...

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
hi mate, i know who NOT to go to anyways, Trackday Performance in Wickow unless you want lied to and your money stolen!!! i had a run in with these cowbows last week, i booked in to get my Power FC mapped, gave him all the details he needed over the phone and he told me to come on down. i live 150 odd miles away so i set off very early in the morning to be the rush hour going through Dublin. i was sitting in the car until after half 9 until anyone even showed up and all they done was looked me up and down as if i was a tramp, took my car in and wanked about for an hour then told me that they couldnt map the car as they didnt even have the software to do it. so, they dragged me half the country, made me wait most of the morning to tell me that he could do nothing for me and had the cheek to charge me 150euro for doing nothing. he refused to give me my keys back until i paid up. complete cowboys!!!!
anyway, i phoned back a week or so later to see if they were getting the software in for the Power FC(as they told me they would be), i was very ignorantly told that it would take a while, prob a long while. i was then told that (your not going to believe this) Rising sun performance dont know what they are talking about when it comes to mapping Power FC's, i nearly fell off my chair laughing and told him to wise up!! i was then asking about the HKS F-con and he siad that he could supply fit and map for 1500euro, i thought it was a bit steep as i could get the f-con form nengun for £500 or less. he said that if i bought from nengun then he would refuse to map my car claiming why should he lose out on profit because someone else can undercut him on price. ive never met a bigger knobhead in all my life. End of rant!!!

this is just my experience with them. i wouldnt want to see or hear of anyone else getting caught the way i did so beware of these cowboys...

one of the many stories about TDP!, they have mapped a few mates skylines there with power fc so i know they can do it, they just lazy as they can make more money from the pro rally car set ups etc so they can afford to turn away decent paying customers, i know my self i would never go there

PS i hope you got an invoice for that 150euro with details as to exactly what they did for 150 euro

westward engineering in enfield will set it up but not install it

i would recommend East Coast Customs in lisburn if thats feasable, they will install and setup and are top lads

had my starlet gt turbo tuned with a power fc in westward, 3 weeks later took it up to ECC and only two fuel cells were mapped, and it was running pants compared to when ECC mapped it fully - different car to drive. ECC also check for det cans and tune it by wide band and also road test it after to make sure all is ok.

very few "tuners" over here do that

bit expensive but you do get what you pay for

·
Sir Snap a lot
1,093 Posts
I bought a n APEXI RSM and AVC-R about four months ago from a mate on Jap-heaven.com without any instructions.
I was able to get a wiring diagram from each and installed the RSM myself but gave the AVC-R and car to the guy who fitted my alarm. He had it installed and I drove away in about 90mins.
He lives he in Blanchardstown which is in West Dublin if you want I can PM you his number and you can give him a call. He has a day job so does this work in the evenings and weekends.

There's not a lot to it really but it helps if you know what your doing!

Sorry to hear about you experience with TDP, I don't know much about them but have heard some stories and people laughing about their 1000bhp Skyline- BigChiefs grey R33 looked alot faster at PTM in Santa Pod to be honest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts