Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am about to invest in some Denso IK20 Iridium Sparkplugs for my GTS-25t as it is misfiring under full throttle and has a bit of a dead spot at 5,000+rpm (Iridiums solved this problem for my last GTS-25t).

I've been reading on the forum about the gap and I find a lot of mention of a .8mm gap. The IK20's come with a 1mm gap; should I change them to .8mm for better performance?

The car only has breathing mods and is otherwise stock.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Better go for NGK ones, less fouling than DENSO. You can take then the pregapped ones with .8mm gap. Have a look at the thread "Spark plugs" in this section mate! :cheers:

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Yes, if you want the exact adviced plugs for stock engine, go for BKR5EIX-11 (1.1mm gap). BKR5EIX is with .8mm gap.

Since you have some breathing mods you can go also one step colder, but in fact you don´t need to. Would be BKR6EIX-11 or BKR6EIX.

If you gonna add some mods soon, I´d go for 6s, if not stock heatrange (5) will be fine!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, I bought 6 BKR6EIX's from autoorders on eBay for £5.00 each plus £6.95 p&p.

autoorders have feedback of 3857, so I hope to get a good set. This is the best price I could find anywhere on the web.

I do want to increase boost power when the budget is available...

I'll post back with the results once I get the plugs in the car.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. For anyone who's interested, autoorders only showed 2 plugs in stock at eBay, so I phoned them on 01793 433933, spoke to Stuart Hunter and was able to order over the phone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sparkplugs in the car - all misfiring under heavy acceleration gone!

I can now redline the car without as much as a rumble - other than the normal rumble that these RB's make under full-boost!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts