Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about a R33... are all the suspension parts the same on the RB25 engined cars (DE and DET)

what about the breaks?

thanks peeps

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
I'm talking about a R33... are all the suspension parts the same on the RB25 engined cars (DE and DET)

what about the breaks?

thanks peeps
suspension I am not sure, however i know the hubs are different as n/a runs 4 stud not 5 stud also brakes are only 2 pot on the gts not sure on the rb25de's though but i know on a 20e they are 2 pot callipers, thats all i can think of at the minute will update if i remember any other differences.

·
Man of many spanners
1,166 Posts
The half shafts are different( I dont doubt you know the gear box and front prop is) and I assume the diff is because of the half shafts.
Suspension is same I believe.
Steering rack of series 1 is different from series 2 in r33s..not a lot of people know that

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good info so far guys thanks, keep it coming

i remember the hubs been 4 stud now, which makes me think the calipers are different, but i might be thinking GTR

·
12,294 Posts
Towards the bottom right, where it says RC**. On an auto gtst you should see RC43 stating what diff it has, on a manual gtst it's RC41 instead. I assume a gts with RC43 on the plate would suggest it has the 4.3:1 LSD diff as fitted to the auto gtst. I think the normal non turbo diff is RC35. I could be wrong though, just going from what I've been told.

·
http://www.japmad.net
346 Posts
RB20e Had 4 x 114.3 Hubs and Single Pot Callipers I know the RB25DE had slightly bigger brakes not 100% sure what the spec was but I know they are also 4 x 114.3 Hubs

Again don't know about the RB25de but the RB20E Front and Rear Prop and Gearbox's are different to the GTST on R33 Not sure about 32 think they are the same ;)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
r33 main differences between turbo and non are

brakes sliding calipers type or monoblock, plus disc size is bigger on the turbo
hubs 4 bolt or 5
differential final drive ratio lower gearing on a non turbo diff

some gtst used the vlsd but i dont think all as it appears to have been an optional extra.

suspension is the same in terms of the subframe and the dampers and their mounts. also incidentally the saloon subframe is identical to that of the coupe ...

also watch out for the gts4 this is an amalgamation of parts from the gtr (front struts ) and gts (rear) range.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
well i know the rb20e, rb25de and rb25det all have same shocks and springs...
rwd variants only dude, the gts 4 uses the front structs of the gtr, possibly with different damping rates. the gts4 came with the rb20de and 25de engines across r32 and r33

·
Registered
79 Posts
my knolage on the rb25de is that front brakes are 280mm with 2pot calipers on sliders, hicas was an option wich as far as im told most n/a's dont have (a good thing in my oppinion)
the dif is an open setup with slight ratio difference to the gtst, the gtst gearbox will fit the rb25de but not sure on gear ratio differences

all should be correct but if anyone knows any different then feal free to correct me

as far as fitment goes i have upgraded to gtst diff, suspention and brakes with the only mod needed being custom made brake lines and redrill discs to 4stud ( i also used gtst backplates), gtst lines do fit but my mate makes braded lines and worked out far cheeper for him to make them, pluss i had them a bit longer due to haveing extra steering lock,

all round a massive improvement, the car is perfect, drives nice but yet has loads of grip and will drift easy with minimal effort, the car is very predictable. all in all has a good all round setup for not alot of money, might be worth mentioning i run 225 45 17 tyres on this setup

·
Registered
57 Posts
are gts and gtst diff casings the same.i got a gts with the rb20e does a gtst diff bolt straight up or must the sideshafts be changed as well.my diff has the 3x2 sideshaft bolt pattern.is the gtst the same

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
are gts and gtst diff casings the same.i got a gts with the rb20e does a gtst diff bolt straight up or must the sideshafts be changed as well.my diff has the 3x2 sideshaft bolt pattern.is the gtst the same
as i understand it they are a different physical size so you need different driveshafts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts