Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
Nice to meet you, this forum looks like the ultimate place for Skyline on the web! :)
My name's Mike, I live in Brussels (Belgium), mothertongue is French and I've decided that 2010 will be my Skyline's year :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

As I said on Facebook discussion board, our small country is the place where there are lots of (too much?) German cars (from Polo to A6 for the most common ones but also Golf GTI, S5, RS8, M3, Carrera4 or GT2, SL55, blablabla).
Also, except for Gilet Vertigo racing car, we don't have any belgian brand so the cars you see here are from many different countries, especially from Europe (Germany, Italy and France) but also Asian (Toyota mainly) and some American ones too (Chrysler and Dodge).

Skyline is a rare car here. As elsewhere it is a very popular one among cars fans but it's not as famous as a Ford Focus (with the new RS version for instance), an Alfa GT or the well-known 911.
So it's hard to get one for a good quality/price ratio, especially if you're looking for a specific model as I am doing now.

Also, I'm not involved in car industry or garage, my technical skills and knowledge are OK but very far away from many of you. My goal is not to be messed up during the deal. I haven't already found a french-speaking forum where people are really specialized on this specific car so I would also need to learn the technical lexicon in English (I will definitely not learn Japanse ;) ).

So, thanks for your patience and your help.
Hoping to read from you soon.
Mike

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Salut,

I left Brussels 4 years ago, born and grew up there (I'm Greek but I feel half Belgian anyway). I lived in Ixelles/Forest for 25 years. Let's put it this way, there are no interesting cars in Belgium. Period. You see some cars now and then in Spa or Zolder or Antwerp but other than that, it's all stock VW, Audis, Skodas and BMW. Very dull. I understand your frustration and I wish you all the best getting a Skyline registered in Belgium. There's a few other Belgians on here, maybe they can help you with the paperwork or give you some tips.

Funny as I was in Brussels with the Skyline for 10 days during Christmas-New Year.
To be honest with you I couldn't drive it. Too much attention from the Police. I guess they've never seen or heard anything like that and my exhaust is too loud so you can almost hear them thinking ("Non didjeu, dis Marcel, on l'arrete celui-la?"). So I garaged it at my parents until the day I left.

I'll be back around April let me know if you want to meet, drive around :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys! Yassou Multics!

Yes I must admit that some advise provided by belgian owners would be great as I don't know how I am going to deal with authorizations and so on...

No good news for the Belgian Policemen if they are so suspicious with U.D.O (Unidentified Driven Objects) but I won't change my mind, I'll get this car!

So they are some belgian people here? Great, I hope to chat with some of them, thanks for info.
BTW Multics, if you come back in April I'll watch for a Skyline in the streets ;-) so if someone comes to speak, don't be surprised ^^

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi "I want R33Vspec"

my first SKYLINE´s I spotted where 3 Irish R33 coming the Motorway from Oostende near BRUSSELS, beeing on my way back from a Motorbike trip from England.

I took some pictures after I passed them by and stopped a few kilometers further down at a parking lot and ran as close as possible to the Motorway as they flew by with flashing lights and honking when they saw me.

have You checked the Netherlands-section here ???

go to: http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131493&page=2

I did ask the Area Rep to soon change this section into BeneLux, as there are SKYLINE-Owners in all three countries.

I will be again this year with definetely some JDM friends and hopefully more SKYLINE´s at the DAA / WEX Tuning Meeting held in August in Marche-en-Famenne.

See You there>>>>>

Bye, Ralf,
Cologne, Germany

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hallo Ralf,
vielen dank für deine Antwort! :)

I saw the dutch section of the forum, yes it would be nice to get a BeNeLux section, I hope there will be more Skylines here... (Mashamoto.be/.co.uk is importing some of them from UK and Japan).

3 Skylines at a time on a belgian motorway? wooow, it was your lucky day ^^

So, good idea to meet during this event, if I'm lucky I'll come with a Skyline too...
Bis bald,
Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahahaha, maybe I've found one... still waiting for an answer but... I have a good opportunity *happy day*
It would be fixed before end of week...

EDIT: mmmh, not a V-spec but a GT-R
Damn, a German guy was first. The seller is still waiting for an answer from his part and I'm the next one on the list if this man doesn't make the deal...
Haaa, I hope to get it, I hope to get it!!!!! :devil:

·
Belguim/Netherlands Area Rep
531 Posts
Ahhhh another Crazy Belgian Dude. Welcome mate. we're from Antwerp and speak french and ducht as many scotchman do. If you have any problems or questions you can ask for info and we will try to provide you with the answers. The best way for a Belgian is to Buy your Skyline at Mashamoto, ask for Johan Faro. He will provide the complete homologation of the car. There is only one problem. The waiting period is about 6 months. You can always buy a car in england and do the homologation your self. We know the how to so that will not be a problem.

As tex said, me and my mate JBIE, who by the way changed his name in to SARU and is the japanese word for monkey LOL, Both have Skylines so we will hope to see you soon on one of our local events here in Belgium so that I can give you a few SO stickers. The first big event is in april at Zolder Race wars.

Hope to see you soon.

Andy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haaaa, des Belges, enfin! =)

Thanks for the advice, I'll come back to you if I cannot buy the car I'm negotiating for at the moment.

Both of you having their own Skyline, this is really cool, no jealousy to know who's going to drive then ;-)

OK, may be we'll meet on Zolder's track then... see you later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.