Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wandering is clutch kicking bad if your doing it all the time and rapidly?

especially in a standard 2.0na r33 as its underpowered so im doing it all the time to have a bit of fun...in a private area ofcourse :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
yes

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
I did this in my old TF... the clutch lasted a fantastic 1500miles form the day i fit it to the day i had to take the gearbox back off and put a new one on lmao

mind you it was a cheap one but still... it didn't do the release bearings much good either !lol

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
noooooo ill have to ration clutck kicks...ill do it twice a week instead of like 50 lol

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
clutch is the least of your worries as it puts extra shock through your gearbox,propshaft,rear diff and rear driveshafts

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
clutch is the least of your worries as it puts extra shock through your gearbox,propshaft,rear diff and rear driveshafts
engine mounts, suspension the list goes on

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like im just going to have to save up for a proper skyline engine the rb25det to have fun..

and thanks for the info guys :)

·
Seasoned Member
244 Posts
If the clutch is the factory organic type then yes, it will wear out real quick. They dont like the heat and will fall off quickly.

A sintered or coppermix type clutch disc will hold on good and strong. And matched with a heavier pressure plate is even better.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Clutch kicks???? What the hell does that mean??
drive it and with foot flat to the floor on accelerator quickly kick the clutch pedal on and off causing it to put massive amounts of stress through the drivetrain to attempt to loose traction on wheels

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
To get it sideways. :D

If you bring it to DWYB I will sit in with you to give you some pointers on drifting.

Ian. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hahahahah the replies on this thread are amazing.

Dont worry about it mate. I have been clutch kicking my r33 gts all year with out any problems. No exploding difs, boxes, engine mounts or suspenion lol.

you will be fine :)

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
Hahahahah the replies on this thread are amazing.

Dont worry about it mate. I have been clutch kicking my r33 gts all year with out any problems. No exploding difs, boxes, engine mounts or suspenion lol.

you will be fine :)
Famous last words.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Totally agree,I've been skidding my r33 25de for months now in the dry by clutch kicking (don't need to in the wet) and I havent had any problems,and if the problem does occurre u fix it,clutch kits aren't too dear anyways!go have some fun,that's what u bought the car for in the first place

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the replies guys......totally opposite vews there ill just do a compromise; I wont stop doing it and i wont do it all the time... just now and then and it should be fine.....

ahh whats the worse that can happen??.....a thread from me in the near futurer saying arrghhh iv blown my skyline up lol!

·
Registered
464 Posts
If your doing it all the time then an uprated clutch is always a good idea, in reality I normally drift the standard one till it starts feeling very worn then swap it out or have another spare incase it suddenly dies on me. Skylines are for enjoying though so have fun and just make sure you dont drift into anything, kerbs and the wall are not your friends! hehe

1 - 20 of 47 Posts