Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey chaps my funds have ran dry at the mo and with my job uncertain for the next few months i cant spend money on it all that needs doing is the cams changing and sensor and thats it my gts-t will finally be running again but i want another skyline as i think they are great cars question i have would it be about the same value as she is at the mo for a 2.5 n/a i don't want to put it on swaps incase i offend anyone and think im being a cheeky s**t my car does come with the parts needed to fix it also top secret bumper fmic etc and im after a standeredish n/a

is it a fair swap or shall i just spend the cash fixing mine in a few months time

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I think I would end up bored with the n/a and in the long run and would probably buy a turbo again,
Sometimes it's better the devil you know and you know what it needs to get it going again,
If it were me I would fix the turbo ;)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
id fix what ya have, invariably buying another car regardless of what it is throws up the unkown issues and stuff thatll need solving that wasnt broken onthe car you'll just have gotten rid of.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
there are better cars you can swap your car for than a n/a skyline mate. skyline in my eyes = turbo beast not........slow n/a
Exactly - Skylines aren't the lightest of cars, so a 2.5 na car will be pretty boring. You'd have way more fun in an S13 200sx, or even a BMW E30 325i!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
if u have the part for the jobs that ned doing your most of the way there....why not have a go at doing it yourself? once done youll have learned somthing and get that satisfied, i did that feeling.

im permenantly skint, my jobs on the line also, we have the meeting of doom part 2 tomorrow. so i know where your coming from regards the money situation.

i dont think swapping a bust car for a working car would be a good move... youll just end up getting dicked...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
mifn have u seen the price of e30 325i's now? there going nuts... and if its a well looked after sports model bend over and drop your pants....

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have a 525 to play about in when the wife's not around of course lol i had a n/a skyline and i did'nt mind it was a bit on the slow side but it was economical as i used it everyday to get to and from work so thats why i am after another 1 basically i love the look of em and if it means driving a slow 1 im ok with that

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i think the na ones are good fun,with less power and not having to worry about constant loss of traction you can hoon it around a lot more than you would expect
the non tub 33 gtst is round the same power and weight as an e36 bmw 325i anyway,they feel quite similar to me

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
ok ok i wasnt gonna bite but too many peeps are miligning my old NA lump. these engines are far from lagardly old pig iron. my rb25de is a screamer. with a little bit of work, some thought and aplication the cars are far from boring.

my car is also a 4wd (heavy) with saloon body (heavier) so im lossing 60 kgs ish to the coupe rwd

shes no slouch.

in fact there's gonna be some comparisons between that and the rb25det in the stagea soon .

so stick that in ya turbos. lol :booty::booty:

(for those that don't know i'm the looney NA geek, i only bought a rb25det cos it came with a free estate car attached....NA all the wahhheyyheeyy to 6000 rpm)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts