Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. Wondering if someone can shed some light on my very annoying clutch problem. 75% of the time the car drives fine and pulls like it should. But on occasion When i put the foot down the clutch slips and the revs rocket. I figure its the clutch but why isn't it slipping constant? And the release bearing is getting very noisy. Any help greatly appreciated lads

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
mine has just developed this same problem over the last few weeks, some times when you floor it she pulls like hell but then the next time the clutch seems to be slipping.

i though it was the clutch but then if it was then it should slip all the time but it does'nt

so my other thought is maybe it's the slave cylinder on it's way out

so i'm just going to leave it for now to see which dies first...lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers lads. partly guessed that. Bought a clutch but just wanted to make sure before i fit it

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
mine has just developed this same problem over the last few weeks, some times when you floor it she pulls like hell but then the next time the clutch seems to be slipping.

i though it was the clutch but then if it was then it should slip all the time but it does'nt
you will find as they get towards the end of their life thats exactly what happens:apint: , heat, weight, graidents all affect that slip point but towards the end that limit drops

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
^^^^ as he said

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
something else to add to the never ending list..lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Uh oh - mine showed first signs of this problem today as well. Recently I saw a thread here somewhere - one of the traders I think advertising some decent clutch for sale? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Might have been Exedy but I can't remember. I also seem to remember some mention of the manufacturer being a poular american brand?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
rsp clutch is a great piece of kit for the cash.... Can handle all i throw at it... :D

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
mines doing this now, and it usually come with a burning smell.....so i wonder will the gtr 32 clutch fit an r33 gts4 saloon?

im planning to drop a gtr lump in there in the future so id like to get one thats gonna be compatable with the rb25de and the r26dett

1 - 15 of 15 Posts