Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K&N AIr Filter, 3.5" turbo back exhaust, high flow cat and muffler...I took it to a drag quarter mile and got 14.55...Something is definitely wrong with my car?? or is it just that i cannot expect much from a turbo back exhaust for now??

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
What drag strip was this at??

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
That doesn't seem too bad a time to be honest, I have only achieved low 14's at Santapod and am running standard boost with 251lb/ft and 285bhp at the fly wheel!

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
I was at santa pod this weekend, and saw load of gtst's putting in 15s and high 14s, which imo is what an average driver should expect with a stock gtst. I would say im average too, but i did manage a 13.9 with mine when it was stock, took me 7 runs though, my first was a 15.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i dont know wot kind of rims or tyres your using but my gtst has 255s on the rear and i can get some serious wheelspin if i attempt an overly aggresive launch, maybe you were a bit trigger happy!. and dont forget the skyline isnt a small car mate, they weigh more than most family saloons! and like r33rixter said its not that bad a time for a near standard car. keep draggin!!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I'm what I'd call an average driver too, and I made mid 15's at the pod this weekend with a shagged clutch and box into a headwind! The time you posted isn't too bad.

All jokes aside, does anyone else think Santa Pod is slightly uphill?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Serious???! Thanks so much for the compliments on the time but i seriously thought i can do better as i did stuff it up at the start as i let go of the throttle abit because i thought i wasn't supposed to start....

By the way it was my first drag on the strip in my life :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts