Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: hi guys,i just booked myself in for a trackday and im havin second thoughts now.
i dont have too much done to it at the mo,fmic,apexi induction,de-cat and i should have my HKS front pipe,cusco front upper camber arms,yellow stuff pads(front)and red stuff pads(rear) arriving this week.
do yiz reckin it`ll survive a hammering around the track for hour or so or should i wait till i have a few more bits on it:confused:
thanks,
alan.

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
oh yes mate we had a knockhill trackday on friday and an rb20 32 was there mate you might find it has a little less puff than others but strong enough mate however at the trackday you will find weak points and then spend the rest of the day spending loadsa money in your head about improving it lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
Deffo go for it! Trackdays are all about you having fun in your car, so get on don't worry about being overtaken and use it to see how you feel about your car. If the track is local to you, and you will be using it a lot you can build the car to suit the track :D

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
:confused: hi guys,i just booked myself in for a trackday and im havin second thoughts now.
i dont have too much done to it at the mo,fmic,apexi induction,de-cat and i should have my HKS front pipe,cusco front upper camber arms,yellow stuff pads(front)and red stuff pads(rear) arriving this week.
do yiz reckin it`ll survive a hammering around the track for hour or so or should i wait till i have a few more bits on it:confused:
thanks,
alan.
I did the first Skyline Knockhill night in August and my car was essentially stock. Had a helluva time, even being the slowest car there. Once you do one you'll want more.
Only thing you'll need to do with your 20 is check oil, water, tyres, etc.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
anyhow they can go up to 275 bhp which is stock rb25det power so whats the worry?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
oh yes mate we had a knockhill trackday on friday and an rb20 32 was there mate you might find it has a little less puff than others but strong enough mate however at the trackday you will find weak points and then spend the rest of the day spending loadsa money in your head about improving it lol
cough cough my rb20 was quick enough :)

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
cough cough my rb20 was quick enough :)
forgot about yours buddy although i still past you mate:uy: :uy:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: more than once :loser:

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
lol:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh man im sure from laughing sooooo much:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: was a great day mate :cheers:

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
cant wait mate and maybe this time ill get out in it :dogpile: :dogpile: :dogpile: :dogpile:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ive got a 4 door r32 with an rb20 - only mods are air filter upgrade, apexi exhaust and mines ecu (just fitted) It also has a set of tein super street coilovers. car has a gtr subframe, . The car is running very slightly lean, got a fuel pressure regulator to fit this wk!. It has done well having completed 2 track days - it cant match the rb25s and 26's - it handles fantastically and i wish it was wet on friday at Knockhill cos it would have come into its own. Got a fmic on it (not plumbed in!!!) which will hopefully up the power a wee bit - and want to try - not sure how or what next! to get a bit more out the engine - as on the dry it is deffo slower on the straight than the more powerful cars, but in the corners and on the wet, well thats another story! Go to your trackday and have fun!

edit - my car - and i am sure yours is the same - has a really strong engine - you could balance 50p on it and it wouldnt move! Brilliant engine!

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
as long as the car has been looked after, i.e regular oil changes services you should have no problem, however i would reccomend getting a aftermarket oil gauge to show your true reading as the standard one is poop lol

·
Cripple drift
663 Posts
My RB20 has took way, WAY more abuse than any engine i've owned, its done 3 rounds of eurodrift, 5 practice nights at Teesside autodrome, 2 full days at Lydd kart track, 1 japfest at castle coombe, it's a daily car and bugger knows how many demo's at Santa pod.

I'd say its done at least 4000 miles of drifting this year and 6000 miles on the road.

The only thing ever to go wrong with it was a loom, that i made HAHA!

I'll be sad to see it go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
alan if you want to be a bit quicker on track try dropping a bit of weight from the car as this wont cost anything,like losing the a/c unit,hicas,maybe back seat carpets etc

·
Registered
359 Posts
REVS...stay in the BLACK and out of the RED...

BRAKES....make sure they work (plenty of life in pads)

TYRES.....make sure there is enough tread to drive home on.

RB20DET tougher than old boots mate :slap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts