Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just found out Im getting stationed in England next yr and was wondering if there is a Skyline forum for Brits since they don't have a section on here?

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
As above buddy, most of the users on this site are "Brits" (as you'd call us) lol.
Quite a big scene in uk, there's an area rep for the counties (sometimes more than 1) and loads of stuff going on, from weekly meets to track days and shows.
Hope that helps..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As above buddy, most of the users on this site are "Brits" (as you'd call us) lol.
Quite a big scene in uk, there's an area rep for the counties (sometimes more than 1) and loads of stuff going on, from weekly meets to track days and shows.
Hope that helps..
It does I'll snoop around more.

I was in Mildenhall near Cambridge before and Im going back. The wife is British as well...and our kids are half-breeds so it will be good to get back near the in-laws.

I have done Santa-pod a lot the last time but I've moved away from drag racing so Im hoping to do more of the road courses this time out.

--Also so dont be offended by Brits... I used to be called a Yank all the time, as if it was an insult by my British friends but then they realized we take it as a compliment

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
Ha ha that's ok buddy,,,, we've all been called worse.. If the kids are half breeds do you and the mrs have big arguments teaching them to spell?? Thinking words like 'colour' 'favour' etc,,, ha ha ha just joshing with ya, good luck with the move.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha ha that's ok buddy,,,, we've all been called worse.. If the kids are half breeds do you and the mrs have big arguments teaching them to spell?? Thinking words like 'colour' 'favour' etc,,, ha ha ha just joshing with ya, good luck with the move.
OH MY GOD when will you guys learn to say Vitamin right and Aluminum right....its hilarious.

Also tyre is the one that gets me.

You guys do your best to throw extra letters in anything you can.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although besides my lovely British Rose...

England has made 3 other amazing things that I will never dispute.

The Spitfire (although the p-51 is just as amazing)
Top Gear (Greatest show ever... period)
The original Mini ( one of the most fun cars I ever owned)

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
--Also so dont be offended by Brits... I used to be called a Yank all the time, as if it was an insult by my British friends but then they realized we take it as a compliment
Based on the above, I assume you are from the northern states. Not sure the guys down south like to be called a Yank, they are still rebels ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
OH MY GOD when will you guys learn to say Vitamin right and Aluminum right....its hilarious.

Also tyre is the one that gets me.

You guys do your best to throw extra letters in anything you can.

what language do you speak....? ok enough said.

if you look at it from a different angle, your taking letters out because your to lazy say the correct word lol

:dogpile::cheers:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Im from the north.

As for what language that could be debated... is it really English anymore?

Shoot if you look at "English" now compared to 80 yrs ago it is completely different.

Besides you all have had longer to **** it up than we have, who knows we could be fixing or eliminating your mistakes? ;)

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
if you look at it from a different angle, your taking letters out because your to lazy say the correct word lol

:dogpile::cheers:
Not sure if that was intentional or not... but I love irony :grinno:
You did exactly what you're accusing him of

1 - 20 of 21 Posts