Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here goes. The few marbles I have left have rolled off the table according to some. I have decided I would like to Fit NOS to the RB20DET. Been looking at a NOS 05040 - FINOS Sportsman kit with direct port wet system.

My question is... Assuming it is installed correctly (by me), is it going to be ok in the skyline? IE, is there any reason that NOS can't be used in RB's?

Anyone got any advice?

:devil:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
It will be no problem, Marc runs a 400+bhp r33gtst with NOS with no probs at all, its been fitted for ages.

It is cheating gas as far as some ar concerned but horses for courses etc

Thinking about it, Rupert whose R33GTR is the same spec as "Rocket" Ronnies is having NOS fitted at the moment

Paul

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers...

The thought of drillin holes in the inlet manifol kinda worries me, but I have done a wee bit research and come up with some good instructions. As long as I figure out how to control the HP boost it gives!

As far as cheatin gas goes, the way I see it, ponies are ponies no matter how you produce them. Think I shall go for it, gonna decide in the next day or so.

Anyone else got any ideas?

:D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Dont forget to make it stop as well as it can go. (Speed does not kill, its the sudden stop that does it).

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
too true buster mate,

at the very least you will need to uprate the pads and you should think about changing the disks and possibly calipers too. Then we come to the handling with all that extra power the back can sit down rather hard on acceleration and from time to time it will be on the stops which is not good as you lose suspension and the bump as it hits them can unsettle the car. Trust me, when that happens its a real pant filler

Paul

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, had thought about

the stopping side of things. Not planning on going overboard though, just a 50 shot to start with and see how she goes from there. Still, hopefully going to Pagid pads soon anyways, unless anyone knows a better way of stopping without hitting a brick wall!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well...

Kit is on the way! Should have it in a few days. Got a selection of nozzle sizes so I can start with a small (ca 25 - 50hp) gain and see how it goes. Anyone ever fitted this stuff before or know anyone who has?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
So how did you get on, a few days has past have you got the stuff yet ?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi mate!

Its due to arrive within the next few days (coming from the USA). Complete kit including various nozzle sizes etc. However, am scared sh**less of making holes in my inlet manifold to fit the nozzles. It comes with a tap to make the holes, so shall have a look when it arrives. Probably end up selling it on to someone with more experience or less sense than me, but you never know! Shall keep you all posted.

I would love to use it, but the fear of blowing myself up kinda overrides these days, must be gettin old!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts