Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hy i got a r33gtst auto which i cant wheel spin from standard,however i put the car into neutral rev silly and then drop it into drive the effects are spectacular i get wheel spin and the car rockets off:boogy:
i need to know is this safe or am i risking breaking anything?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
no idea but i wouldn't think it's healthy for the auto box

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Definantlty putting a lot strain on the auto box. I have seen other methods where by you hold on the brakes slightly while accelerating, seems to light up the rears. Both methods not good for your car though.

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
no, that's pretty much the fastest way to destroy your transmission!

brake launching however i hear is perfectly fine and the best way to launch an auto. (holding the brakes and revving, wont really rev very high before it starts moving)

·
manual convert
583 Posts
i,m no expert but, i would not recommend doing that, you,ll kill the box very quickly. mine does,nt like manual change from DRIVE-2nd. if you want to spin the wheels (??) try left foot braking, build up the revs/torque converter and depending on the road surface/grip, you should get your desired wheel spin. (still not recommended) takes abit of practise, as i was practicing for the 1/4 mile (not spin)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I could help by describing in detail what 32 + years of auto driving has taught me..but I really don't want a conversation on wheel spinning.

Aitch

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
il try modding to put up the bhp first,considering a manual is out of the question for the time being i have recently spent a fair amount of money on her and dont want to go back to square one.

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
As above you will kill your gearbox doing that? why do you want wheelspin anyhow? It only slows you down!!!!!

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
il try modding to put up the bhp first,considering a manual is out of the question for the time being i have recently spent a fair amount of money on her and dont want to go back to square one.
Youll be spending more on tyres wheel spinning....

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
just swap the box for a manual one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts