Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on the way home from work this morning. Left work,car had been warming up in the car park for 5 mins so gave it the bigun on the 1st bend out of the car park & ended up with front half of car on the pavement on the other side of the road. Twatted a wheel big time on the way up & thought id stuffed the front spoiler but all seems ok just a dirty great scuff underneath. I`ll have a good look when its light. Spose i better make a trip to the wheel alignment centre as well. ****. :(

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Oh man,

that sucks completely. You have my sympathies man, we've all done it (or if not, will do it!), some of us just have crappy luck I guess. Hope it doesn't hurt the bank to much to fix it.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Eddie, have a word with ghostrider I am pretty sure he has a good cond secondhand front bumper, same model as yours at his place.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
ouch mate....you have my sympathies!!! I know how it feels, specially after stuffing my GTR through the gravel at Silverstone!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Think im, gonna leave it as it is. It`ll be sods law,i`ll get a new 1 & just do the same thing again. It always scuffs on kerbs anyway if i park too close because its so low but not quite that bad. I`ll get it re-painted when the time comes to sell it. Arse

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Think what makes it worse is the fact that 1 of my work mates was following on his motor bike. I just thought yeh i`ll show him how good i am at getting the back end to step out take the corner sideways. I can feel lots of piss taking coming when i go back to work on monday :eek:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Oh

sod piss takers! At the end of the day, you still drive a skyline (albeit a slightly scuffed one!) and they don't. Ergo - they have no right to take the piss! After all, its cos its got all that power they don't have that it happened!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Bin there

Yep know the feeling, after haveing to have THREE chin spoilers on my R33 and one on the R34 !!! Its a ***** especially when you hit a speed bump at 50mph, god does that make a mess !!!!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
hmmm funny you should mention stepping the back out in 190E autos, did it and stuffed it big style about 4 years ago..(bit of a lad, grown up now)...at around 70mph, hit an embankment backwards, barrel rolled twice i think and ended the right way up in the middle of the road...needless to say i learnt my lesson and have never since driven like a hooligan on public roads.

Should make you feel better about the spin...:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Bloody hell was everyonr ok?
Ive been in a car that rolled (i wasn`t driving) & it is scary ****. We all knew it was happening but it was over before any of us knew what was going on. We weren`t so lucky as you though. We ended up on the roof right across the road! Very difficult trying to undo the seat belt upside down with all your weight haning off it.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Thankfully i was on my own, on the way too work...only injury was from the seat belt on my neck.
Scariest thing was when i hit the embankment the stereo carried on at serious speed through the rear window never to be seen again.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I remember

back many moons ago to when I was at school when a mate had a Citroen AX Visa (stop laughing at the back!) which we spent all day replacing the brakes on one saturday. Anyways... We got distracted by some young ladies and had a gig with the band that night so set off to play without realising we hadn't sorted the brakes on the passenger side out (anyone bled an old set of citroen brakes?) So... To cut a long story short we were haring down a country road in the clyde valley (scotland) when some animal ran out in front of the car. My mate smurf hit the pedal and lo and behold we saw the error of our ways (no left hand side brakes!) as we pirouetted and left the road thru the fence and field..... Ended up in the river 200 feet from the road upside down. Not pretty. Got out with a few broken ribs and a mouth full of horrible water (pi**ed in by locals no doubt!). Car was a write off.... But the worst part was, so was my 1967 Fender Strat!

Happens to the best of us, and tw**s like my old mate!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
ohh thats gotta hurt....gotta be gutted about the guitar, i use to be in a band when i was a lad too, not very good though but we did the funniest thing ever.....

.....got our selves a gig at a blues night, started the first song with the 12 bar blues and then suddenly broke into anarchy in the uk by the sex pistols......if you coulda seen the hmmm, 30 peoples faces in the pub you'd crack up....:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts