Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find some little **** has tried to slash my drivers side front tyre. Just litterally replaced the rear 2 yesterday (not cos there were slashed tho, they were bold bold bold lol). Nothing else has been touched on the car at all some i can only think that someone wanted the tyre to blow out properly whilst i was driving in it. Only other thing could be jealousy or they were disturbed while trying to do it. Would have been done during the daytime aswel as i work nights so my cars in a locked carpark over night.

To say im angry would be an understatement. God help it if i find who done it, the last person to mess with me is now half blind lol.

Its not even about the money its going to cost me to get a new one its the principle of it

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luckily i was checking the front tyres for any uneven wear but there was none, insted just 3 deep slice's.

Thank god my kids aint been in it for a while aswel

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
your gonna hate this mate but i dont think they have been slashed,the cuts are not clean enough for a knife and not straight enough.

in my job as an mot tester/mechanic i have came across that type of damage many times and i even have similer cuts in my tyres on my rover and its just something that happens mate. but thats my opinion buddy :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
had three done on my pug last year just two weeks after fitting new rubber. no idea who did it otherwise i would of kicked the living shite out of them.

feel for you chap. 19 inch tyres aren't cheap

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your gonna hate this mate but i dont think they have been slashed,the cuts are not clean enough for a knife and not straight enough.

in my job as an mot tester/mechanic i have came across that type of damage many times and i even have similer cuts in my tyres on my rover and its just something that happens mate. but thats my opinion buddy :)
I did think that maybe they'd been cut by my arch or something but theres no sharp edges on them and my car does rub on them anyway as its not lowered yet.

Cant be the tyres breaking up already either really as they've only been on since august last year.

The drivers side of my car is on the curb side outside my house so its out of sight really for someone to walk past with a knife which is how the cuts look like they've been made. There far too deep for anything else

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had three done on my pug last year just two weeks after fitting new rubber. no idea who did it otherwise i would of kicked the living shite out of them.

feel for you chap. 19 inch tyres aren't cheap
Not good just after forking out for new ones mate.

Looking at near £200 each to replace like for like. But after my rears lasted 4000 miles i decided to just put budgets on it for now so i can afford to replace them if its going to be like that evey 4000 odd miles.

Got some Fullrun's on the rear now an tbh for a budget tyre there proper sticky so il get one of those for the front now

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
I did think that maybe they'd been cut by my arch or something but theres no sharp edges on them and my car does rub on them anyway as its not lowered yet.

Cant be the tyres breaking up already either really as they've only been on since august last year.

The drivers side of my car is on the curb side outside my house so its out of sight really for someone to walk past with a knife which is how the cuts look like they've been made. There far too deep for anything else
i have seen weeks old tyres with cuts like that mate and it is the tyre breaking up just a bugger thats all :( but regardless of how its happened you have found them mate.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have seen weeks old tyres with cuts like that mate and it is the tyre breaking up just a bugger thats all :( but regardless of how its happened you have found them mate.
Either way it needs replacing lol. Nothing has ever happened to any of my cars in the past so this could be just the tyre breaking up but it certainly looks dodgy to me. But then if that was me doing it to someones car id have atleast key'd the ****er when the tyre didnt blow out

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
Sorry to hear this Mike. At least you weren't involved in an accident while your tyre was like this.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had the exact same on my Corrado recently mate - and its been locked away so no chance that it was malicous. Only spotted when I had it in at the bodyshop for some work. I couldn't belive I had been driving it like that - tyres were only about a year old, maybe driven once every other weekend at most. Don't know if lack of use was a contributing factor but it was the same on both my fronts (and they weren't cheap - connti's super sports 2).

So don't go lynching anyone just yet..........

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just ordered a new one so should be driveable by the weekend.

Its definatly been slashed not just the tyre degrading. The pics dont do it justice at all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts