Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well no where do i start.....
i was heading out yesterday morning and as i pulled away from a set of lightsi had a civic in front of me so i couldnt really push hard, so when i got a gap i put the foot down but got a pull instead of a push,
by a pull i mean as though i dropped an anchor out the window,
put my foot down after id taken it off and smae thing, car wouldnt boost or even rev over 2500, so i pulled in and knocked off the engine. went to start the car again it would turn over but cut out instantly.
so i sat there for a few mins played with the power fc, canged the settings for the afm to standard from the z32 thats actually in it, it idled fairly rough but at least it started. took it out to alans house as it was closer than mine, took out the afm for inspection and all seemed grand, all the connections were grand and the internals of it still intact, so guessing its not that. car still wont go over 2500 revs and getting no boost at all.

today i took out the turbo elbow and was gona take out the turbo but i dont have the right tools here to do it. so i put my hand into the turbo from the exhaust side, its full of black soot, but the wheel seems fully intact. :confused: getting black smoke now but then again i am now running 550 injectors in a non-turbo car so to speak. i had a bit of white smoke when it happened yesterday but not really clouds of it.

anyone had similar problems and know what it could be??
have a feeling its the turbo but not 100% on it.

im lost as to what it is, any help much appreciated.

thanks
Mick

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
Could be boost hose? Do you have front mount ic?
I had same symptoms twice in a fortnight but knew straight away it was boost pipe's, they'd slipped off, made a pop noise.
The more you accelerate the worse it gets, then dies.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
yea, check all your intercooler pipings as they may be loose... Mine did that when i first fit my front m, but i heard a loud pop first......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.