Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've had an offer I can't refuse on my s13 so its going at the end of the month so i'll be moving over to a black r33 spec 2 turbo auto :(.

Well i'm not a fan of 33's and autos but its cheap and i'm makin a killin on my 13 so I could convert it to a manual and i'm sure i'll grow to like the 33 :)

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the car because the lad owed me money so no point waiting to sell the 33 then buy an r32 i'll just stick with the r33 for now

·
Registered
923 Posts
buy up manual conversion parts lol
Good news! Let me know if you want a hand with the conversion. Did a massive amount of research into converting my first R33 auto to a manual, then some nice french man came along with a wad of cash anbd that was the end of that car ;)

Here is a basic doc I had on my USB Key @ Work but I think i've got some more detailed stuff @ home....

Gearbox+ bolts

Gearbox crossmember....there r 3 types u need the manual i think... my new gearbox came with 1 fitted so i would say its a manual 1

Manual Propshaft..the front half as the auto 1 will not fit the manual box (thats Fact) you can change the hole lot but that means you'll need the manual diff +?parts? im not sure on that 1

Manual ECU (optional)

Clutch..2nd hand or brand new your choice

Flywheel..2nd hand or brand new your choice + manual bolts

Spigot bush..nightmare 2 get out without the right tools !!! use a bearing puller the sliding hammer type

Remember the good engine needs a spiggot bearing before a manual box is fitted to it, as it was out of an auto????

Pedal box...wrong!!! clutch pedal yes..i found it easy 2 install u need 2 cut a hole in the bulkhead u should have a indent where it goes, the hole is for the clutch master cylinder

Brake pedal...optional...i found this 1 very hard 2 fit, i would just cut the autos 1 to shape as its only the pad thats different

Clutch master cylinder (+all pipework) or just fit a single brake pipe from master 2 slave im told this makes it easier for bleedind the clutch ??

Clutch slave cylinder (and dampner)

Wiring loom from manual gearbox to connect speedo sender, reverse switch, neutral switch.

Gearstick

Gearstick surround

Gearknob

Cup holder (optional to remove power/snow button)

Speedo clocks(optional to remove pndr12 thingy)

Adrian/DS

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for the info mate i'll have a bit of money spare so i'm hoping I can buy the parts to convert it then take it off the road and do it all in one go :) it shouldn't cost too much for the parts to convert it I hope lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Cheers for the info mate i'll have a bit of money spare so i'm hoping I can buy the parts to convert it then take it off the road and do it all in one go :) it shouldn't cost too much for the parts to convert it I hope lol

I got shot of my auto conversion parts as a complete kit (all the parts in my previous post inc the optional ones) in the summer via ebay for a little over £600. So it should give you an idea of cost. Ebay is the place for parts m8...got some real bargains....

Tip, make sure you get a R33 GTST gearbox, R32 GTST (RB20DET) will fit I understand but it has different ratio (drag guys use it as it has a short 1st gear...). DO NOT GET A GTS manual greabox. ITS *** WEAKER *** ! All other manual R33 GTS parts are good.....

Adrian

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll take my time getting the right parts the lad who is having my car is puttin a deposit down in the next couple of days so i'm definately going to be in the 33 soon

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i managed to get a pic yesterday b4 i drove a group of OAP's to blackpool :) lol

the bodywork is a little ruff but i married to a body repairer lol and first thing is mop the whole thing to make the paint work look a lil better.

as for mods stainless exhaust, coilovers, enkei rb01 16" wheels, remote start alarm and thats is as far as i know :D

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No induction kit:( anyone got one going spare :)

The paint work will come up with some compound and a polish but there is a few dints here and there but the roof needs the most work.

I'm pickin it up on tuesday tis parked at my mates garage i'm quite lookin forward to drivin it about :)

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep gettin it tomorrow night i'm a lil excited i'm gonna sort it out cosmeticly first it needs a front indicator cover then I want a nismo front lip and eventually some nice bigger white wheels.

·
Mmmmmmm R32
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i pick it up today i have found out that it has had a front end swap to spec 2 and not had the lights swapped so i'm now looking for a decent front bumper and bonnet :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts