Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was parking the old girl up in a underground car park

Got out, locked it and this old feller in his 70s come up to me and said

"excuse me son can you settle an argument that me and my wife are having"

I smiled trying not to laugh

"its about your car"

Ok i said still trying not to laugh and checking i hadnt nicked a disabled spot

My wife thinks you have a "supra skyliner"

I almost wet myself while he points his finger and says, but i no my cars and im sure its a Neesarn Skyline please tell me i'm right???

Yes it is I said its a r33 gtst

I knew It!!! he went. That's a lovely bit of kit you have there but tell me is it as fast as they make it out in the films???

I couldn't resist and said no....................... its faster!!! and this is just its baby brother.

He put his hand on my shoulder and said your a very lucky and decent young man please look after her and drive it carfully. He then turned and walked off back to his wife waiting in the car i thought at one point he was going to do a heel click but....

You no what i think those words from him that day will stay with me for a long time too come.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
everyone was young at one point......some remember it better than others.

·
RWD Enthusiast!
795 Posts
...He then turned and walked off back to his wife waiting in the car i thought at one point he was going to do a heel click but....
LMFAO :funny:

I had the car out last saturday night and soon as the pubs/clubs emptied people kept coming over to me asking me what it was, saying it was a really nice car.

I was quite amused at this because it was both men and women, young and old.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Similar happened to me, sat in the car waiting for my children to come out school.

And theirs a tap on my window,i turn round and theres an old boy, peering in at me.

I think, what now! As i opened the window.

"Looks fast! Skyline, is it not"? he says. With a smile on my face, i repile yes.

"What engine have you got under there"? he asks.

After i explain............"He comes back with the replie, "My friend in Australia, has a v8 in his"!

Then he puts his hand on my shoulder and said your a very lucky young man and drive carefully. As he turned and walked off back to his car. SPOOKY......:crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
i find with the older chaps its literally one way or the other.
either like above, super nice and we all go aww bless him OR they absolutely hate and lable us all as boy racers and driving scum of the roads tutting as we drive by at 28mph thinking its 60! lol

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
i actually got some kind words like that from a policeman once after i'd apologised for being a dickhead and he'd issued me my points and fine. policeman was clearly a jap car fan but was forced to do his job... fair enough.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Similar happened to me, sat in the car waiting for my children to come out school.

And theirs a tap on my window,i turn round and theres an old boy, peering in at me.

I think, what now! As i opened the window.

"Looks fast! Skyline, is it not"? he says. With a smile on my face, i repile yes.

"What engine have you got under there"? he asks.

After i explain............"He comes back with the replie, "My friend in Australia, has a v8 in his"!

Then he puts his hand on my shoulder and said your a very lucky young man and drive carefully. As he turned and walked off back to his car. SPOOKY......:crazy::crazy::crazy:
crazy might have been the same guy lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.