Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, ordered a R32 from japan from bestjapancar.com. very nice people, and then i paid for the car....since then i havnt heard anything :S thing is, it was the japanese hols for a while, but now theyre back and i sent them some emails ....but no reply :mad:

any ideas on what i should do ?

cheerz guys

phrozen

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
how long has it been?

I know i'd be a little anxious in you position, but i spose you gotta have some faith in human nature (and a vial of bacterial spores to send through the post as a fall back)

N

·
0 Posts
what normally happens , is you transfer your money . Then , you have 2 wait for the next available boat , this could take 2 weeks , then you have the 30 - 40 days that the boat is at sea , during this time you , or your agent should reicive all the relevant paper work. however you shold be informed on the boat , that it is on , and have a either a faxed ,or email invoice.

hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I wouldn't worry - I went through this as well with another company and thought I had been taken for a ride, the car was still shown as up for sale on the web for a couple of weeks after I had paid, I was not getting e-mail responses etc.
As NiteskyR said, it all starts happening when it gets on a boat and you get the deregistration docs etc and you start to feel more comfortable. bestjapancar have been around for a while and certianly doing research they were not one I had heard bad things about.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Don't worried friend... I helped bring 1 over from 'Best......' no problems... All is well..... i've brought over a few more from differant copanys too andknow the feeling of 'Have i been stiched Up'.... well if you were buying from someone in this counrty I'd say worrie...But i think the Jap's have better business conduct then us and all should be well.........

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
If all seems lost, ring the Japanese embassy in London and ask to be put through to the Trade and Industry department, tell them your worries and I am sure they will help. It may sound crazy but it worked for me before with the German and Belgium embassy when I had probs with oversea's companys.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa! thanks guys!

the worrying bit is (not being offensive) but the sales guy was irish...not the most trustworthy on my list of people! not being racist, but just had a driveway done by a irish guy...lets just say il post the pics up on here!

phrozen

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I have just picked mine up from the docks....can you pm me some details on your car, as there were a few there that I can remember!! Dont forget as well that it was holiday week in Japan last week...and I think I ordered mine a bit earlier than yours, so it may still be on a boat!!

S

·
0 Posts
We brought a GTSt from BestJapan and I can only say you should have no problems at all.

I expect that everything is working through.

Simon

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheerz guys, foned the guy at 5am this morning, he assured me that its on its way and i should have it by the end of sept....

it should be ok, but il be happier when I get the paperwork!

i think the threat of anthrax through the mail fixed it ;)

thanks for everything guys !!!!!!!!

phrozen

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
You're doing better than me then. Mine missed the 4th August boat, and the next boat isn't until 1st September. I wont get my GTT now until mid October. I guess bestjapan don't use yuwaship.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi guys!

sorry, didnt have time to talk properly earlier but heres whats happening...
basically the "irish guy" doesnt seem very irish to me at all!! i think he might be asian which is the worst thing!...because im asian and other asians seem to hate me !?
anyway, i foned him asking the wherabouts of my car and he bluntly replied "im not ur delivery boy u know" which i thought was verrry rude.

he said that he assumed that the car left japan and it "should" get here around the end of sept.
he was unbelievably unhelpful so i can just hope i actually get the car!

phrozen

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Well he may not be your delivery guy, but he sure as hell could speak to the man that is!
Thats an @rse of a thing to say to a customer who's just thrown good money at your company :( :(

Anyway, hope it all turns out OK for you Phrozen

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheerz mark, hes the most unhelpful guy ive known! he even beats the people at currys insurance....now thats saying something :|

i have no idea what boat the car is on, when im getting the paperwork or even if its actually left japan !

the attitude he was presenting was...o well you paid for it so my duty is over.

he needs a swift kick up the arse i tell u!

phrozen

o yeh tiggs, every time i try to pm you, my pc crashes :| ????

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
I'm feeling for you, I get really stressed out with car stuff (cause I care too much)

do you know the shipping agent they use? you can contact them direct with the chassis no and they might tell you if its on the boat.

if someone else has used these guys successfully then you'll probably be ok. i spose we're used the internet when everything happens instantly and your can track eveything, shipping doesnt seem to work like that everythings a bit vague now one can really tell how long it takes to get on a boat once its at the jap docks sail then sit in bonded storage for a bit then clear customs.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont have a clue what shipping company they used!? and then the prob is, i cant go and get it until i get the paperwork......so im a bit annoyed! this is the thing, if i imported a car from india it would have been here by now! holiday or not, give them a few extra rupees and theyl make sure u have as fast as poss :)

o well, guess il have 2 settled for japan/asian arsy salesmen...

[licking the envelope shut..u kno...the one which has the bacterial spores in it..]

mwahahahahaha

phrozen

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
As mentioned a bit earlier, it takes 6 weeks to get here at least on the boat. There isn't a boat leaving every day, so there would be a delay before the boat even leaves Japan.

Add 8 weeks to the date you paid your money - that is the earliest you will get your car. But you should get the documents some time during the voyage, provided you have paid in full.

What date did you order / pay up ?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Phrozen, would you want a car from India that has had an elephant sit on it to make it look like a French POS instead of an Indian POS ?

No wonder they ship em quick bet they cant believe their luck.

Ha ha LOL

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
hey grinder, i paid in full towards the end of july....erm...around 21st i think ?

buster that indian POS was actually a british POS...a morris sumthing or other...after the indians "modified it" it is has become immune to elephant attacks, curry proof and is huuuuuuge on the inside....better than a LOT of cars over here! i think il need it when i go over 2 japan to run over a cocky idiot selling cars..its the only car that wont dent when you run over someone ;) think of it as a indian humvee but does 25mpg instead of 2.5 !

phrozen

1 - 20 of 22 Posts