Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now I love jacket potatoes.. but I get fed up of having to ask for poxi BUTTER when iam eating out.. now why would a restaurant just dump a dry jacket potato and expect you to eat it without any nice butter to mash up in it.. then when you ask for some they look as you as if your taking right liberties!!!

GRRR :minigun:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
You can't have a spud and no butter, Thats just wrong !!

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:D to the above.

If anyone attended modified live at snetterton last october there was a jacket potato stall that done the best jackets EVER!!!!!!!!!! topped with a wicked chicken curry, that is the only place i know that have automatically put some butter on me spud!!

bloody lush spuds they were i had one for breaky and for lunch lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Jacket spuds are the absolute nads, but agreed - without butter?? just wrong
I do like them cooked as they should be, slow cooked in an old range/aga etc, take the potato out once cooked & mash it with butter & a little sour cream & sea salt with a little cracked black pepper then refill to the crispy skin - add a little cheese & diced bacon then grill to brown the top - christ, i'm hungry now?
but... (If you ever fancy a quick jacket spud fix & haven't the time to cook some) have you tried the frozen ones from Morrissons? microwave in 6 mins & they're drizzled in Olive oil & already oven cooked - i know i know, no crispy skin but tell you what - they aint that bad, only a couple of £ for 4

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
there must be a lot of dozy people out there (the straight to my thights brigade) who DONT have butter on and complain when its on for most places to assume you dont want butter.... its a standard food combination, like curry and beer, bacon sandwich and brown sauce, cornflakes and milk, kebab and chilli etc.....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Cant beat a jacket spud with butter and tuna mayo mmmmmmmmmmmm

Annoys me too when caffs don't give you butter with them though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts