Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of the jacking points for R33 Gts-t? I have an english manual but it appears to show jacking is accomplished in a spot that does not seem right. Just curious if someone has a picture of the jacking points used.

I attached an image of what the manual says. To me that seems wrong.

Don't have my car at the moment so unable to just check myself, trying to minimize time thinking about the repairs by having as much knowledge as possible before going into it. I have access to a 4 point lift (a bit harder to get the access to), as well as a floor jack and jack stands.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you happen to have a pic? I realize that some have said the rail about 1 foot within the underside but this pic seems to show the area about 1-2 inch within the outside of the vehicle. That is why I am confused. I do have a general idea of the first few inches of underside being flat.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The area marked on the picture is for the Nissan scissor jack, dont go anywhere near it if you're going to use a trolley jack!

As above, use some flat wood and place it on the trolley jack then position it under the chassis rail (side member in that pic) for the front and rear or alternatively for the rear where that Y shaped bracket is, again using some wood

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
If you look under the front bumper there are two tie down u shaped bars, I use these to get the front up. There is one on the back but the diff is fine for lifting the whole back end up. Always use car stands as the skylines are very heavy. As the other posters have said be very carful with the chase rails they will deform as will the floor with out spreading the load.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. I dont plan on using a scissor jack. I have access to a 4 point hydraulic jack as well has a trolley jack. But to me, the image says that any jack works in those locations. Which is the issue. Can't wait to see pics if you can R33 lew. I have seen pics of r32 jack thread, which seems easy enough. The main points are further inside in the r32. Not sure if that is different than the r33.
Personally I have been used to frames that are prominent, I just don't want to mess anything up prior to doing it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Poor jacking is how the sills and chassis rails gets messed up :mad::mad::mad::mad:
If you must you the chassis rails get some wood to spread the load a bit.

If your stupidly low drive up on some wood so you can get a trolley jack under

Use the tie down / towing hooks on the front ( some 33 gtst have one some have two )
Once it's up enough jack it on the middle of the front cross member
NOT THE SUMP as I've seen some ( insert word hear ) do in the past

At the rear its easy as
Again If your stupidly low drive up on some wood
Then place your trolley jack under the diff, Not the silver part ( that's ally ) but just in front of that where its flat.

That's how I've jacked all off mine up over the past 6 years. And allows you to place a axle stands on the chassis rails just behind the rear subframe and in the front use the towing hooks ( if yours have 2 )

Never had a skyline slip off, bend or do damage doing it that way

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Karlos, I have never seen a Skyline come with towing hooks stock. At least nothing that a normal person would consider tow hooks. My trolley jack fits under the car just fine (low profile jack), I wish I had the car in person to figure how far it reaches. I NEVER use the crossmember, in all of the cars I have lifted (about 50+ the crossmember is weaker than the frame and provides FAR less stability). Also every spot you have said is so far off the recommended jacking points that I will happily refuse those, the car is made to be lifted with a 4 point lift best. All of your locations are very far away from a 4 point lifts reach, and even if it could reach provides the least stable platform ever, I have seen people try using similar locations, and their car ended up getting destroyed. I highly doubt that Nissan would have done that.

I have happily show a pic of a 4 point lift on a Skyline that I found and will follow. And for your info, I will circle the subframe in the attached image for your information.

Thank you to all others that helped. I have found the locations after this comment. And this may help people in the future to see where the car is actually jacked.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but just to confirm - am I okay to use the chassis rails where it is jacked up in the picture that sniperlif3 posted?
Thanks guys
Ben

·
Always sideways
4,252 Posts
Should be fine, if I had a 4 point lift it's what I'd use. I'm only able to use a trolley jack to lift my GTR so personally I use the cross member at the front (it's literally marked with an 'X') and the rear diff. Once in the air I use axle stands for peace of mind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Should be fine, if I had a 4 point lift it's what I'd use. I'm only able to use a trolley jack to lift my GTR so personally I use the cross member at the front (it's literally marked with an 'X') and the rear diff. Once in the air I use axle stands for peace of mind.
awesome, thanks for your help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts