Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:
Im gonna take me wheels off on Saturday and spray under the wheel arches with underseal, can anyone tell me where i should put the trolly jack? i know i know!!! :crazy: :D is it under the rear diff? (obviously for the back not the front ) cheers :)
bobster
:cheers:

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
where is the best place to fit the axel stands? i have a set, never 100% sure... :crazy:

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jacking up

Think i know where to put the axel stands, under the rear subframe, by the drive shafts or on on both sides of the front cross member but wasnt sure where to jack the car up at the back as the standard jacking points are never that clever! GTR-R32 that link didnt really help but thanks anyway! :)
:cheers:

·
Registered
255 Posts
My jacking points have begun to crumble so I put a bit of 4 x 2 under the front wheel and use the extra height to get the jack under the front cross member - safer, easier and less worrying (re car floorpan damage!). ;)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Bobby, if you look under the back of the car, just infront of the diff there is a metal bit, dunno if its a bracket or what, but its pretty solid, thats where I always jack mine up from, if you jack it on the diff you may damage the ribs/fins whatever, as has happened to mine. I'd also never use the standard jacking points ona 10+ year old car!

On the front, theres a metal bit, can't remember what it is though! about 3" front to back, and has a cross stamped in it, (for strength I assume), thats what I use. :)

Hope that helps
Alex B

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys top info guys!
:D
Alex, im gonna try and get my car undersealed bfore sunday, cant face driving it in this weather if its not undersealed! :( fingers crossed it all gets done in time!
;)
bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts