Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JAE and the English people! You just got to love 'em... :angel:

I want to tell you that I really had a marvellous time at JAE. It was the first time to have been driven in the UK (we took the ChannelTunnel) and it was surprisingly easy (because finally the steering wheel was on the right side).

There was a lot of mud and rain on a Saturday (actually never seen so much mud before), but on Sunday the weather turned out to be great. :D

I just couldn’t believe the incredible number of breathtaking cars attending to JAE. Unbelievable! Furthermore it was nice to have met “Dogger” and to have spoken to other car maniacs. Nice to see that lot's op people really surprised to see a 4door Skyline... :hippy:

The atmosphere is really different to the Dutch meetings. I mean, as a Skyline driver... in the UK, you will be able to get a thumb or a friendly nod or smile from a Supra driver, or whatever. Everybody is admiring and respecting his or her Japanese cars as it is. And that was truly a great feeling!! (in Holland always a more hostile atmosphere, I don’t know why).

Also on our way home (I was driving together with 1 GT-R (which has been bought on Saturday in the UK), 2 Supra’s and 1 RX7), big thumbs up to us. Add up the nice landscape, or drive through France and Belgium (nice tunnel there!!) and it was a weekend which I will probably never forget. No such thing as too much fun, when you drive with such a great convoy of cars... :drivin:

Also RESPECT on how my Skyline has been driving, 1260kms but no worries whatsoever. :worshippy: WHAT A WONDERFUL CAR!!! :drivin: Love it to death!!

Just wanted to share this great Skyline experience with you.

Looking forward to go to the UK again... for sure I will be there next year.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time mate :D. Ive gotta start going to these meets they sound awesome.

Suprised about the people in holland being a bit hostile. I have a few dutch mates who live in holland (obviously) and when i went over there everyone says hello to each other even if they dont know you, unlike this crappy country hehe.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm an english wimp so only went up on the sunday and I agree, the cars were stunning as ever, nice to see the full range of japs and all loved by their owners

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Definately sounds like you had a good time if with the crappy sat weather.

Maybe if your up for it try and come over for another big show, maybe something a bit different from JAE like a santa pod show when we've got a stand?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard something like that. A big event called Rotorstock @ Santa Pod, am I right??

My mate (RX7) thinking about going to there. :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great!!

Maybe I can start a topic on the Dutch Skylineclub... And go across the Channel again this year!! :)

(have to talk to the mrs. first though :cheers: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts