Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Scotland Area Rep Aberdeenshire
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi anyone on here a motorist was jailed for five months yesterday after he was caught in a nissan skyline doing 123 mph stewart creevy of inverurie aberdeenshire did doudle the speed limit to overtake another vehicle and was found guilty of dangerous driving

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
name doesnt ring any bells unfortuantely, but most people go by a psudoname anyway on here...... 5 months though....glad I get my speed kick on the track.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
after reading that he doesnt deserve to be driving anything period. get done the first time and learn from it, to be still doing stupid things further down the line and you deserve more punishment.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
That kind of speed scares me and i would never think of doing that on a public road. That is some crazy **** and serves him right tbh.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yep theres no need for it.

just because the car can easily hit that speed some people feel the need to do it.... take it to a track were theres no danger of hurting anyone if something goes wrong plus no speed limit so you get to keep your license and I wont end up with a personal injury or fatality claim if your covered by NUI.

Its one idiot driving a specailist car like a skyline that puts the image of stupid and dangerous drivers on all skyline owners.... just like scooter riders :swear: bloody youth of today.....

on a brighter note i saw this from the same great paper and could help but laugh with a slight cringe

http://www.thisisaberdeen.co.uk/dis...tentPK=17999869&folderPk=85349&pNodeId=148317

cheers

lee

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
or could it just be the laws and speed limits in this country are complete joke...??
which would come to a stand still first do you think...
a GTS-t travelling illegally at 123mph..
or a 7tonne lorry/12tonne HGV travelling legally at 70mph/60mph respectively

seems hypocrytical to me.. all the 'deserved' it comments without knowing the full story.
couldve been doing that speed on a nice clear stretch of 60mph limited dual carridgeway, in which case big deal.
no one on here ever been over 100mph on public roads then by the sound of it.

theres no uniformity or common sense behind speed limits so its no wonder the majority of people ignore them really.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
dont get me wrong though, maybe he did deserve it.. if he was driving dangerously then fine... but theres a big difference between speeding and dangerous driving.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
or could it just be the laws and speed limits in this country are complete joke...??
which would come to a stand still first do you think...
a GTS-t travelling illegally at 123mph..
or a 7tonne lorry/12tonne HGV travelling legally at 70mph/60mph respectively

seems hypocrytical to me.. all the 'deserved' it comments without knowing the full story.
couldve been doing that speed on a nice clear stretch of 60mph limited dual carridgeway, in which case big deal.
no one on here ever been over 100mph on public roads then by the sound of it.

theres no uniformity or common sense behind speed limits so its no wonder the majority of people ignore them really.
So u think that speeding at 12.45 in the afternoon is a reasonable time to be doing 123mph in a 60mph zone?? Sorry, but no, and hes been banned twice before, guy is obviously an irresponsible muppet. IMO, there is a time and a place for everything, that guy is just a reckless fool, with a high powered car!:swear:

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
If a guy overtook me at 123mph on a 60mph I would be raging/fuming/foaming at the mouth and wanting to drag him out his car and :uzi: :whip: :boxing: :swear: etc..! It's just asking for someone to be killed......a friend of mine was killed in a similar situation, imagine it was a family member he crashed into!

·
Registered
337 Posts
At work I deal with personal injury claims for NUI and barclays insurance.

9 out of 10 times the incidents I deal with our a result of some idiot not contentrating on what there doing or speeding

theres a time and place for it and it shouldnt be on a public road where theres the chance something could happen, at the speed this guy was going all he would need to do is hit a pothole and he'd be off the road and what a waste of a skyline..

lee

1 - 20 of 95 Posts