Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do jap number plates look like?

any paticular style, i was tryin to find some on t'interweb but couldn. just searchin for images. and sites were in jap lol.

is there probs with gettin a jap style plate for my skyline, ie am i goin to get stopped every night. oh and anyone got a pic

cheers

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
I have German plates on my Corrado and they look good, not sure how you could adapt a japanese plate though!!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a cae of gettin all the lettering on

i may play a imitation game, square plate, with some japenese writing on. liek that down left side and top.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Surely that's just inviting attention from the boys in blue ?

They seem hell bent on stopping folks for the most minor of things these days, and if you fitted a plate that does not exactly meet the current law you will get pulled over sooner or later.

Not worth the hassle to be honest.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I refer you to thread re: 'Fuzz and skyline plates' - may not be the best move you ever made!! ;-)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got pulled over and the coppers were all over my numberplates (standard import size plates), i ended up arguing with them that they were legal then told why could'nt i put some "right angle brackets" and mount uk ones in front of radiator? idiots!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
You need to carry a copy of The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) (Amendment) Regulations 2002 with you in the car. This has the amendment that was made to Section 14, and called Section 14A. This new section allows for the use of "non-standard" sized number plates if, and I quote ...

".... This regulation applies in relation to any vehicle imported into the United Kingdom which -
(a) does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval; and

(b) is so constructed that the area available for the fixing of the registration plate precludes the display on the plate of a registration mark in conformity with the requirements of regulation 14
...."

It takes a lot of hassle out of agruing the point if you can produce the actual statute for them to read .... of course you will then get their back up for being a smart a**e and they will probaly get you on something else :) .... and of course you will have to make sure you are legal, including the BS kite mark etc.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
i have jap plates on mine 2 secs i'll get a pic

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
here ya go matey

never been pulled once touch wood :D

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Not sure mate to be honest but i dont really care. I think its meant to represent place and year of manufacture. I can tell you where to get them made up if you like. Not on this thread though as i dont think its allowed :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts