Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
My sincere apologies for bringing this up again but I do need your help. I have read a few posts on converting the jap audio visual stuff on GTs from jap to English but here in London, I am not clear if anyone actually does this?
Can you please point me in the right direct re-this conversion?

Many thanks
DB:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
As far as I'm aware although it's been done, there's no one currently doing this.

I think it ended up being more expensive so people just swapped the jap stuff out for new aftermarket.

I have Jap TV and have found how to link in via aux cable from jap TV tuner in boot.

So it is possible to run UK tv / DVDs / etc

It really depends on what you want to achieve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I'm aware although it's been done, there's no one currently doing this.

I think it ended up being more expensive so people just swapped the jap stuff out for new aftermarket.

I have Jap TV and have found how to link in via aux cable from jap TV tuner in boot.

So it is possible to run UK tv / DVDs / etc

It really depends on what you want to achieve
Many thanks Piranha. I just want audio visual system that I can relate to and understand. And if I have to change out the whole system, so be it...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Many thanks Piranha. I just want audio visual system that I can relate to and understand. And if I have to change out the whole system, so be it...

I think changing it out is the best bet.

I have taught myself the jap buttons that I need to use for the basics but eventually I will swap out for aftermarket.

Be aware that the heater controls are part of the stock stereo surround.

Not sure if you plan to diy fit aftermarket,
I haven't tried it yet but some research I have done has led me to believe it's not a good idea to totally rip out the stock system because it's all interconnected to the canbus system.

So do some research before wading in.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Moved to the correct section!
And a search here will answer all your questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think changing it out is the best bet.

I have taught myself the jap buttons that I need to use for the basics but eventually I will swap out for aftermarket.

Be aware that the heater controls are part of the stock stereo surround.

Not sure if you plan to diy fit aftermarket,
I haven't tried it yet but some research I have done has led me to believe it's not a good idea to totally rip out the stock system because it's all interconnected to the canbus system.

So do some research before wading in.
Thanks again Piranha.

·
FTO
33 Posts
Im holding out for a few months till a company here supposedly will have an English fix with NZ maps. Hope it works out.

Are english buttons still around? Yet to run into them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts