Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone on this forum that I could talk to, that is a Japanese Dealer for the Skyline...I would like to discuss some purchasing information...and availability of a certain skyline!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
hi pal what ever you do dont use torque of keighley or the keighley trade center, both are jap import dealers with posh web sites but they sell crap. i brought a skylne from torque 2 weeks ago and i been under the bonnet ever since.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Some of the good ones i can think of are
D-C-Y
AutoAdvan
Newera

Thats all i can think of at the moment :D

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I bought mine from Japcars in Dublin. Very happy, had a good bargaining session and got a nice few pound off. Got the car serviced and t-belt replaced for nothing before I collected it. He even gave me a 2 year guarantee which I was surprised at, but well happy with at the same time!! Anything he doesn't have he'll get you as he goes over to Japan himself and sources out the cars. He doesn't register them til they're sold either so it probably won't be too difficult to register it in England or wherever you are. Or does SoCAL mean southern California??? That might be just a tad more difficult!!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Theres a few importers on driftworks..... All very good.
I was considering importing.... Loads cheaper!!!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
hi pal what ever you do dont use torque of keighley or the keighley trade center, both are jap import dealers with posh web sites but they sell crap. i brought a skylne from torque 2 weeks ago and i been under the bonnet ever since.
i went to view afew there... Lol.... what a shite place.... loadsa cars... but every single one in crap condition!!!!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
D-C-Y
AutoAdvan
Newera

I used AutoAdvan for mine and they were fine although their aftersales was not very good at all. They didn't want to know.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I think your find guys he's talking about a certain new GTR which i some how dont think any of the normal dealers/importers would be able to get as i'm sure it will only be available through Nissan dealers or maybe Middlehurst.

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
ummm new GTR :drool:

How ever for normal imports, i'm using private imports of edinbourgh at the moment. Quality customer service so far.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i went to view afew there... Lol.... what a shite place.... loadsa cars... but every single one in crap condition!!!!
thats right mate i only got one of mine from there cause i was trading a dog of a supra non- turbo auto in, i ended up with a straght swap for my black gtst so its not all that bad it stands me at 2k. you justt got to know what your looking at. and be willing to use a spanner

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all...Yes, SoCal stands for Southern California...but I won't be out here too much longer...in about 6 months I will be over in Europe...So that is when I will be purchasing my GT-R...but I am asking, because I want to know what kind of stuff I am gonna have to deal with to get it...so yes, Thank you all!!!

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
if you want to let me no all the details i can ask an importer on weds and let you no on weds night if you can wait that long

·
Registered
79 Posts
D-C-Y
AutoAdvan
Newera

Dont bother with autoadvan they only use the stock from japanautodirect and put them on there flashy site. They dont even get the car M.O.T'd and taxed.

My gunmetal GTsT is advertised on autoadvan for £3800 even though its currenlty being shipped over japan as week speak at the sold price of £1880.

If you want to speak direct to a japan based dealer try japanautodirect they are all english speaking sound like kiwi's and auzzies and are available out of work hours direct on there mobiles as well as company phone1

·
Registered
79 Posts
On another note I can help you to import one if you like, its what I intend to do for work in the future.
The process is pretty simple, after you spend the 6billion hours reading up and phoning different company's like I have he he.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Try these:

http://www.daishintrading.com/
http://www.ibcjapan.co.jp/

Just a couple a lot of people in this country use. If you mail them they'll try and get you what you want. They'll try and help you anyway. I can't vouch for them myself as I bought off a local import dealer so I'd have comeback but I've read good things about them on forums and that. I suppose it's a chance you'll have to take like any importer.

Best of luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts