Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my R34 in Germany, still has the light positioned for right hand drive which cost me to fail my inspection, I was told I need them "modified" or repositioned. I took the car to a dealership here, they said they might be able to do it but most likely the headlights will need replaced.

The Xenon headlights are F*ckin expensive. Anyone know a cheaper and effective way to modify the headlines to meet German standards?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi mate! Which car do you have and where in Germany are you from?

for the headlight conversion often aftermarket headlamps from "Hella" are used. But then the original xenon is removed and you have a usual halogen bulb instead.

you can contact Thomas, a from TJ-imports http://tj-imports.com , he's a friend of mine and can make the conversion for you and if you want take care of the inspection :).
if you want to keep the xenon you can actually just replace the headlamps with borrowed ones which are already modified, just for the inspection and put yours back in, after. is it just the regular 2-year inspection or the first one ever to get german papers for the vehicle?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response. i'm at spangdahlem.

would headlight from an R33 GTS-T fit?

thats a good idea, if i can borrow a pair for an hour to get it inspected then put them back that would be awesome.

it's an annual inspection so i would need another fix after my friend leaves

·
Gold Member
90 Posts
I made mine. Go to a scrap yard, buy a set of ford Scorpio headlights and use them. Cost me €20.

Bonus is with these light pods are they can switch from left to right after fitting.

I will try posting a picture.

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
I made mine. Go to a scrap yard, buy a set of ford Scorpio headlights and use them. Cost me €20.

Bonus is with these light pods are they can switch from left to right after fitting.

I will try posting a picture.
look forward to seeing the pictures....

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
Heres my retrifit r33 projectors, cost me 15ish euro with ebay h1 projectors and some black spraypaint and alu-body filler;

I just removed the OEM low-beam housing, dremeled out the housing so the projector just fit, discarded the glass, and then glued it on after painting.

·
3,039 Posts
Thats brill do you have a link to these H1 projectors and how did you split the lens off????? Oven or heatgun????

·
157 Posts
Ebay is your friend. I got my headlights with minor scuffs for 300 US dollars shipped to Germany from Malysia(sp?).

If you needs any help, I know a few other skyline guys are around that area, hit some of them up.

This is the writeup that I used (I originally did the retrofit on my SUV).
http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6151

Heres a skyline conversion;
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/38907-r33-hid-retrofit.html

Heres one from skylineowners.com a few back
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/111861-bi-xenon-hid-projector-headlights-into-r33-gtr.html

And another from SO.com, really detailed;
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127947

I will post pics of the process on R33 headlights when I get home on Saturday

·
Gold Member
90 Posts
I just sold my spare skyline to MPS and it had lights in it worthy of modification.

Boostoff you have dome the same modification as me. Works really well too!

·
157 Posts
I have this pair ready and uninstalled. My r33 wont be ready till summertime prob. So these are sitting around. If you want to borrow them, we could figure something out.

·
3,039 Posts
I have this pair ready and uninstalled. My r33 wont be ready till summertime prob. So these are sitting around. If you want to borrow them, we could figure something out.
Thanks for the offer but i am good for know........

·
Just go with the flow
223 Posts
Hi, does anyone no where i could buy converted headlights, i bought a 97 r33 gtst at home in ireland, im now living in luwembourg so il need them to pass the snct here when i try to register her. any helpm would be much appreciated. i also only speak english

·
3,039 Posts
Hi, does anyone no where i could buy converted headlights, i bought a 97 r33 gtst at home in ireland, im now living in luwembourg so il need them to pass the snct here when i try to register her. any helpm would be much appreciated. i also only speak english
Might be hard to find someone selling them as we all need em. Get you uk headlights converted at MPS engineering they are good or do it yourself as explained above....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts