Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you will know, SkylineOwners.Com will have a stand at Japfest on Sunday 24th April, we currently have at least 16 cars confirmed for the stand but no flag to represent SkylineOwners.Com !

I have found a couple of vendors who do the flags and it has been agreed to get 1 or even 2 feather flags that are about 2.6M high, cost wise will be roughly £80-100 each.

All donations gratefully accepted as I want to turn up at Japfest representing SkylineOwners.Com (Don't want to be the club people point at and say who are they !?)

A recommended contribution of £10 for attendees would be good, for those not attending if you wish to contribute £5, £10 etc. please do so, will be much appreciated.

If we get enough funds to get two, we shall do so.

In the meantime I will contrinue to look to get the best price on the flag and base

Paypal to [email protected] as gift to avoid charges ?

Please quote your ID so I know where the contribution has come from.

Feel free to drop me a message if you have any queries.

Thank you !

Shipz

TARGET - £170

Paid list

1. Shipz - £15
2. nharrison2012 - £20
3. Howstar - £20
4. endallwar - £10
5. Timmy_GTS - £20
6. GTES-t - £15
7. DevonSkyliner - £10
8. WHOOSHEER33 - £20
9. Whitevanman69 - £10
10. RACEBR33D25 -£10
11. ROSSY - £10
12. Bigpad - £10

TOTAL RAISED - £170

·
Registered
592 Posts
sorry but the owners of the club should pay for things like this. your telling us that they don't make any money from the add's you see on the club or the traders free's

·
Registered
449 Posts
Dont get me wrong i COMPLETELY agree......

HOWEVER whats the chances of actually getting them to pay for it? Cant imagine its very high! And as itll be us who are stood at japfest with no flag nd not the forum owners then i would rather have a flag nd a tenner isnt even a quarter of a tank of fuel or two meals at maccys?? So i just think eh! Whats it gunna hurt to put a bit of money towards it? Also if we got it we could use it in the future too for other shows??

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ok so i went to the contact us thing at the bottom of the page and asked if they would at least contribute for the flag, doubt ill hear anything but worth a try none the less

If they contributed to the costs, would you be willing to contribute too?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not relying on owners hence taking it on ourselves , as the point above , it's us who will be there and not the owners...also agree, it's a couple of Big Mac meals lol

The flag can be reused so it's a good investment for us all!

·
Registered
592 Posts
i wouldnt put in as i don't go to shows with so.com i go with the other skyline club who has all the bits for a club stand. which the club pay for.

here is a bad pic from last japfest

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Can you stick up a list of those that have paid please bud so we can see how close you are to reaching the target.

Also, reference the owners paying....I asked them last year after the Humber Car Show and I'm still waiting for an answer...So good luck with that one :rofl:

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,562 Posts
When Keith had the club he had loads of branded merchandise.
When he sold the club im sure he handed over all of the gear.
Even if we tracked the merchandise could hand out to those that chipped in... A hat or a t shirt etc.
Makes people want to contribute a bit more imo.

Personally - I have another club that I run and we all chip in for all sorts including marquees, banners, generator etc.
We're all mates on there and all local so we get to use all the gear when ever we need to.

The issue is I attend maybe 3 shows a year with so.com of which only one of you on this chat has been to the same show.
If I was to pay towards a flag what's to say that the 'keeper' would be at those shows.

It's impractical for national club imo unless you have 1 person that's attending every show.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get the points made, but rather than people being concerned about whats happening with the flag next, the purpose of this fundraising is essentially just to raise funds to have a flag for Japfest. Re-use of the flag is a bonus.

First post updated with paid list.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just contributed £10
Also be happy to contribute more cash at Japfest if you don't get enough contributions.
Also.. if it will fit in the R34 i can offer storage of it.

However... if these owners are supposedly making money for nothing in return i might just boycott this group and go to events with skyline owners forum instead.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the contribution bud, we're up to £30 so far, if we can get close to the price of just buying 1, I don't mind putting in a little extra too.

This is a genuine call for contributions, I've been a member a long time and have met a few others on here too over the years.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm hoping to be back on the scene soon, so I would contribute and hopefully if the forum is better advertised we may get better stands at the shows.......

1 - 20 of 106 Posts