Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the full japspeed system does in a DB test for track days?

Just wandering whether im going to have to quiten down my system and make a baffle up somehow or whether its likely to pass the 4k db test.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i thought the japspeed zorst came with a baffle ?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
The japspeed ones do come with a baffle you just bolt in the end and it is needed to get on track.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
If its the same DB as the new one, definately.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
..or you could do the mod (faq's section) on the dual mode muffler, pass the tests ok and then switch over to race mode on the track afterwards!

Aitch

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Maybe Japspeed could comment as they do have an trade section on here and a banner and Im sure lots of people, including me, would like to know the answer.

Im holding off buying a Japspeed incase I get banned from track-days so would be in their best interests to comment.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
if you want to borrow my bung martin, your more than welcome, just need to drill a small hole for the bolt.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Gman-R33 are you running one of these ? im interested but no one seems to have any experience with em
A friend of mine is running it on his 700bhp toyota soarer in japan (SUPRA engine swap) he swears by it, at idle or at part throttle it is much quieter than my skyline, and if done right you can remove it easily. I don't use it because as a US government employee I am allowed 90 DB (My test is done in neutral, with the engine reved halfway to redline, so 3500 rpm for me, and the measurement device a minimum of .5 meters from the tailpipe and not less than 45 degrees from the centerline) my 3 inch, turbo back, decat'ed Immotoria exhaust comes out to a nice 88.9 DB without silencer so I don't need it yet.

RIXXXV has an apexi ecv with electric control and it's enough to get him past the anal German inspectors with his HKS Silent power.apexi-exhaust-control-valve

I'm thinking of going this route if they start cracking down on us as you can keep it shut if they start requiring us to pass German TUV

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
thanks for the info m8 :)
was going for an apexi ecv but then read that it didnt do the job well at all so now looking for an alternative , this seems interesting then
had thought the hks silent hi power would be ... quiet :D well as you say TUV is shite, over here no better though we need the standard exhaust to pass even if it were quieter :bs2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a full japspeed system inc- elbow, downpipe, de-cat and 'twin silenced' exhaust.

It also came with a bung (which has never been used!).

I find this system really quiet and would easily get on the track.

dont have any DB levels tho... soz

J

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you want to borrow my bung martin, your more than welcome, just need to drill a small hole for the bolt.
Silly thing is it has the hole for it to be fitted mate IIRC i will check.
IThanks for the offer.
I may see if i can construct summit though as i know Berties souding like it had ashma when his is fitted.It sound to be seriously obstructing the flow.No disrespect to japspeed as i love the exhaust but i think the baffle is more of a throw it in for the mot and take it out again rather than something constructed to quiten it down with a minimal power loss.
Wandering if i can get some perforated tube and some baffle fibre so as not to restrict the exit size as much but still quiten it down fractionally.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Silly thing is it has the hole for it to be fitted mate IIRC i will check.
IThanks for the offer.
I may see if i can construct summit though as i know Berties souding like it had ashma when his is fitted.It sound to be seriously obstructing the flow.No disrespect to japspeed as i love the exhaust but i think the baffle is more of a throw it in for the mot and take it out again rather than something constructed to quiten it down with a minimal power loss.
Wandering if i can get some perforated tube and some baffle fibre so as not to restrict the exit size as much but still quiten it down fractionally.
Then I would recommend the active tail silencer mate, best of both worlds IMHO
(Noise suppression at light load, full open at wot so it will be like it's not even there when you are booting it at the track) Plus you will be able to remove it easily if you ever feel like it.

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
We had a track day at Oulton park and the DB limit was 105DB, I have fitted the Single silenced cat back exhaust system, Decat Pipe and the one picec downpipe inc elbow, so a straight through 3" system and it read 104DB and this was without the bung fitted. So it was a very close shave :D

Dan also has the same kit fitted with a screamer pipe and he has done quite a few track days and not been stopped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.