Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experiance of the Japspeed K2 cat back exhaust?

They only do it for the 350z, but i gather that a small extention pipe may be required in order to make it fit the 350gt? Does anyone know where this goes and how long it needs to be etc?

Many thanks

:cheers:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its the section from the Y pipe to the back box that is longer on the 350gt.

350z decat pipes and Y pipes will fit directly but the japspeed exhaust(and all other Y pipe back 350z systems) will require and extention.

I have the japspeed twin box system on mine and I had the extention pipe made. Its about 7in long but really your need the car on a lit for someone to custom make one that fits perfect.
The Nismo shop(west covina Nissan) were doing the extention pieces but last time I was talking to them they had stopped.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I spoke to some of the 350Z guys at Silverstone last summer and one had that exhaust on his car. With the baffles in it sounded great but with them out it sounded awsome!! should be very simple to get the extension made as is simple straight piece of pipe! BTW if you want an imporoved spec 1 y pipe, i have one going cheap. is same as japspeed one but from the states. drop me a line if interested.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Easy job , cut and fit the new extension sleeve in , u bolt it and they remove and weld it all up and lose the clamps , any decent garage worth theri salt can do it , all else fails take the whole lot to one of those Top gear places that make be spoke systems and get them to chop and fit in ,

the systems sound awesome

·
Registered
211 Posts
The system does sound fantastic although there is a bad drone at around 100-120kmh(60-75mph)which was even worse without the baffles, I put them back in and its just bearable to me, the woman hates it though.

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its the K2 System I am looking at, the one similar to the Nismo Exhaust. The K1 has the two jap cans at the back, I guess that the louder of the two as it comes with baffles?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Its the K2 System I am looking at, the one similar to the Nismo Exhaust. The K1 has the two jap cans at the back, I guess that the louder of the two as it comes with baffles?

YOU DEFO NEED ONE WITH BAFFLES BEST OF TWO WORLDS THEN

Paul happy V35 has a dual system, quiet at speed off throttle cruising but very loud when you rev accelerate etc makes small kids cry

click here

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/skyline1966/?action=view&current=02082009002.flv

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
ha ha, when i first had it fitted i thought i would be arrested all the time but now i am used to it, doesnt seem so bad now. Even if i had baffles, wouldnt bother with them now anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.