Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys is it easy to fit a japspeed short shifter? i took y dash trim off today, lifted the gear gaiter, took the 4 screws out but wasnt sure what to do next, where do these C shaped bits go and the big block that has 4 holes in the 4 corners go?

cant find a guide on here anywhere.

thanks.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
easy as pie mate the bannana shaped washers fit in the recessed hole cut around the neck of the gearbox top section and the block goes over the hole once the shifter is in and screw into the bannana shaped washers :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Make sure the ptfe linkage fits nicely and don't force it in like I did DOH ! Take your time to shave a little off if needs be untill it slots in. I gave mine a tap to get it in and well got it stuck. Had to cut it out as it was wedged and the shifter just pulled away from it when i tried to remove it.

Luckily i was able to remove the one from the original gear stick, so saved myself there LOL

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right ill try again tomorrow....just looked at the pics in the japspeed section and thought i had more parts that shown.

so the big block will screw down too? cant really see where that will screw down....may be more clear when i look again though.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
the big block screws onto the bannana shaped washers and holds the shifter in place mate :)

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive not had chance to have a look at this today, ill try my best to do it tomorrow and ill get back to you how i do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts