Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
there not needed even for over 500bhp

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
An intake kit is not needed either and can still help the performance. ;)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will be lighter than stock but I wonder how much Japspeeds' Significantly increases horse power and torque over the entire RPM range actually means?

Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
501 Posts
hi m8 why not speak to Japspeed all products are tested have used various parts of theirs found them to be good quality /price very fast dispatch

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
they dont sell them anymore

·
Registered
148 Posts
I fitted one of these a while back from X S Power, it looks similar to the jap speed one to me:

http://www.xs-power.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=108

Although I bought it off them on ebay at the time for £150 inc gaskets. I did notice the turbo spooling up a bit faster when I fitted it and I would say it increases power very slightly, estimate 5 - 10bhp. Its not a big performance gain. I had broken manifold studs to remove at the time and new gaskets on their own would cost about £50 so I thought it was better to spend £150 for the manifold with gaskets and add some more bling to the engine bay, with a slight performance increase also. I also fitted the stronger studs and new nuts from conceptua tuning while I was at it, roughly another £45.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Personally I would stay away from stainless manifolds. I have heard time and time again they crack! A few guys on another forum have had them rewelded which works but is not permanent.
Quoted from another forum
'The cheap stainless manifolds, usualy need to be port matched to the head, i found mine was smaller then the head and causing restrictions that affected drivabilty and boost.
My stainless manifold hasn't cracket yet either, but mine was rewelded before it went on, though My flange did warp 3mm after 6months'

Not suggesting Jap Speeds products are cheap, but stainless is stainless.....

Steam pipe is best used for manifolds, not as much bling but much more practical but the factory manifold is capable of flowing a lot!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.