Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FORUM FARTER!!!!
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big thanks you to boy at japspeed got my fmic 2day now all iv got to is find someone to help fit it now:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Its not so hard mate. Have a search for pics, theres plenty about, and get stuck in :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
You dont even need pics mate.... once you take the side mount off, and hang the front mount its simple.... a blind man with no arms and no mechanical knowlegde could do it....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Something I did which helped after about an hour of offering the thing up to the front of the car is to take the bumper reinforcer off completely, it's only four bolts, which then gives you complete access to mount the FMIC. Then trim the reinforcer until you can get it back on.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
lol... you cant get it on with the reinforcer there :D and its 2 bolts really the front 2 take out and the back 2 you can just loosen.... as it will slide off then... :)
Do it bud :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just highlights the issue though doesn't it, how do you know to take the reinforcer off unless you've done one before? All I knew was that you had to cut a lot of it away to get the FMIC to fit, I don't think I'd read anywhere that you should take it off completely before trying to fit the FMIC.
It can be a daunting prospect taking a selection of power tools to the front of your precious pride and joy, and it's not always obvious which is the best way if you've never done it before.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I suppose, but i never done one before and i took mine off :nutkick: :D :bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts