Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Japspeed.co.uk
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

Thought i would share our new builds with you ;) I know they are not Skylines but its a Skyline in disguse ;) as we have used the full Skyline running gear front and back and used the RB25's out of last years cars.

We started back in September with a 99 Spec R which was completely mint and was a real shame to strip it to the bare shell, the other S15 was bought from Christy Carpenter, his 08 car which we bought complete less engine.

Both cars were then sent down to Nathan and Andy at GDA Sports cars in Kent, where we sat down for many hours on how we would take the build forward, I was confident that we had the right guys on board to take on not just one project but two and they promised the cars would both be built before the 2009 season with many years in this trade it was a bold statement to make but i had the utmost confidence in these guys and they have kept to their word and the cars are on schedule - the pics will show what we decided to do

So before you start the abuse have a look and enjoy

Shanes Car before strip down

Danny's Car

Skyline Subframe

Engine in for final check before it goes for paint

Screamer Pipe ;)

430BHP Engine ;)

Nice new home

Custom Wiring Loom

Dash

Custom made fuel tanks with baffled internals to stop any fuel surge

Dry Cell battery and Box

Enjoy the pics and will get more up soon of the rest of the build

Cheers
Paul

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
at last mate been dieing to see these for a while buddy.

looking very good mate ;)

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
alwayshad a soft spot for S15's but cant stand the sr20, coming on great cant wait to see them out

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Great job Paul!

Have been waiting for those pics for a while now.

Best of luck with your new cars in 2009 season mate!

:cheers:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Looking good bud, properly well done!

·
Japspeed Drifter
766 Posts
awsome cars, im so excited about driving this,
they will be out on track at the BDC Donnuington park April 11th & 12th, piloted by myself and shane lynch.
get some more pics up paul!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
looking very very good :)

·
Japspeed.co.uk
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dropping one off from the body shop and picking up the other up for the running gear to be fitted

Getting ready for paint

One painted and one to go

Full Skyline rear end with Japspeed aligments arms and DW lower arms
D2 front 8 pots and 6 pot rears

Special designed hubs from Japan to give it that all extra lock needed for big Angles

Nathan and Andy getting as much lock as possible out of the Skyline rack ;)

Coming together very nicely and they both should be finished late next week, just in time for round 1 :smoker:

·
Japspeed.co.uk
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers for the good words :) and they will have their first outing at BDC Round 1 at Donington on the 11th April, will try and get a test date sorted first so we can shake them down and get the boys used to them. Nearly all done and the graphics will all be going on next week, will post more pics soon

Cheers
Paul

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Looks fantastic mate.... How you been doing?

Where did you take it to get sprayed?? Looks to be agood job. Could do with a few touch ups on ours

Keep it up...

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Cars look fantasic!

Its good to see people sticking with the RB engines when everyone else seems to be turning to 1JZ/2JZ/V8 etc (Not that Im having a go of course!)

Hope there gona be ready in time for knockhill!

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts