Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Johnathan's R32 GTS-t project (update pics)

well thought about time i got some pics up,
my r32 has been in country 1.5 years but stored for near enough that time. i bought it of a buy who used it once from what i can gather. it is on road in two weeks and i carnt wait. and goin to keep this as a nice little diary so can see the progress haha

mods so far from japan-
trust cat-back
hks mushroom induction kit thing, tho dont know which one
blitz turbo timer
bltiz dv
momo steering wheel thingy

prob with it tho
clutch bearings i think have gone
some scrathes and grazes on all 4 corners, slight dints from what looks like transit over here.

just need to take it for a nice loing drive and see if there is anythin else. shouldn be, as didn seem to be when i got it, but i got it for a bargan price from a lad my dad knows so all went well haha.

im going to use the car for a bit of track, lots of drag racing, some drifting. so bit of everything haha. like i say on road 2 weeks, hopefully see you guys at jap fest.

here some pics, tho it does need a good clean and polish and will be gettin a little photoshoot done when wheels and coilovers soon are on and cleaned up in couple of weeks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers peter.
also shiny stuff on top of bumper is peeling, but thinking of gte bonnett anyway as want that open grill bit. so may get rid or rub it all of and paint it anyways

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wheels ordered

ultralite battle, 9" rear in bronze. carnt wait, will get some pics up with them on

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wheels on, and drove the car about 600 miles this weekend and it not missed a beat, engine is fine, been checked over. the wheels are a little to wide and i will be havin the archs rolled, but even with them so wide it still spinds up nicely haha. and the plated diff is fun haha

here some pics anyways

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
17x8" front 17x9" rear. rear are a little to wide, but will get that sorted. tho it still spins them up easily haha.
love the polished lip against the bronze aswell, didn now they had that

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Nice to see another 32 gtst project up. Been a few on here lately. Once we get enough of us, we can overthrow the 33 overlords.

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
I'm surprised how much of a difference the new wheels look! Quite a big improvement (mine is rolling on the standard 16's).

The front 'chrome' grille is very easy to remove and respray.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Looks like a big offset. I have 8.5's and my front and 9.5's on my rear and they just sit inside the arches, with the inner lip flattened..

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tbh i like them being wider, tho i will be getting it flared. 200quid a side tho, and so much other stuff i need to try and do over winter. oh well.

the other prob is what to do about painting it. my mates dad paints hot rod's, and as offered to do my skyline, and dyla's clio(which will have a 1.7 volvo turbo in, shud be fun) not nowt, just paint and bits. but dont know wether to keep it black. or maybe white with a blue pearl.

or anyone got any ideas for a paint colour?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes mate, really does, like driving a tractor. like i say next things im saving for are tein colovers and 330mm brake set up for when engine gets done.
unfirtunatly dont think ill have the suspention byt he time of the tunnel run.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well couple things now, all repairs

aux belt is starting to fling pieces of belt about, so going to have a look at weekend when im back from training on sat to take it off and get another. hopeing the tensioner is easy to do.
oil leak, but reckon got that fixed, will find out on sat.
sunroof is still leaking. so going to be gettin on with that.
i reckon, strip the roof lining, hopefully then see fixings for sunroof, take out, line some perspex or plastic or somat else light undernearth sealed. then sheet of carbon on top of that sealed in, but so its at the roof level. howpfully get that done when finnaly get some money and can buy the parts.

changed plans for the exterior, type m sideskirts and gtr front bumper and bonnet, or another aftermarket bumper if there is one same price as gtr one or cheaper.
after getting these done when money allows hopefully next couple months, along with rear archs flared and coilovers to give it a nice stance. just waiting on the money haha.

but first a few repairs as i emtnioned. will elt you knwo how they go.
oh also goin to upgrade the speakers cos there all ****ed.

·
Seasoned Member
2,904 Posts
your looking good for the future mate at least you know it worth spending on as you have a good solid base to build off .
good luck with the mods

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
GTR Front bumper FTW

my old one is in my garage take a geek oh and black is the best colour for the r32 :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts