Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the soon to be new owner of this car

I should start off by saying i missed out buying this car the first time it was for sale .
A few weeks back i went to Rods to have a dirty earth cleaned up on the LM and was secretly hoping to get to see the SUPER lemon in the flesh and to see what id missed out on and low and behold there she sat

I got chatting to Rod about it and its performance and the car in general when he mentioned it might be for sale again .
So while Rod carried on fixing my car i spent most of the time just gazing at the car and looking at it from every concievable angle and a 1000 thoughts racing through my mind
Then i thought im not going to miss another chance so asked Rod to ask the owner if he really wanted to sell the car .
Rod did and he did so with that in mind my mate said what about your LM
" well ill have to sell it i guess "
ok ill have it of you then
so with that car gone i phoned Rod today and confirmed ill be buying the LEMON

The Future for the car ????

Right , I like many people on here have always wanted to see whats possibly the UK most famous skyline at shows and meets but it simply never happened .

I INTEND TO CHANGE THAT

I will try and get this car to as many shows next year as possible so people can enjoy it like i bloody well intend to , people are most welcome to come up and look round it and ask me as many questions as they like ( providing i know the answer )
Ive no doubt im going to have to buy shares in optimax for the amount of passenger ride requests and will hopefully sort that out too

The Cars Performance ?????

Basically i couldnt give a rats backside whether it makes the 1000BHP its supposed to !!!!
Rod has driven it and assures me the power is what it is alleged to be so that good enough for me .
The car will NOT attend any dyno days because i believe thats what causes a lot of bitching on here and i do not wish myself or the car to get involved in petty squabbles about what it does or does not make whether that be power at fly , hubs or wheels
I maybe do a couple of trackdays but am undecided as of yet about that situation and whether the cars is suitable for tracking i also have to consider the fact i could not afford to replace this car if i wrote it off into a wall

There are a couple of thing id like to do such as finish off the leather interior and try and do something about a better paint match for the bonnet but othe than that im sure that will be it .

Final Note

i thought long and hard about buying this car and what it meant when i become the owner , and im already bursting with pride
and i hope that WE as skyline enthusiasts on the whole can enjoy having the car owned by a club member

I know ive rambled on a bit but as you can guess im very excitable

Thanks Dean

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Well done! Hope the LM's found a good home too. Can't wait to see it, and what it's got on it. Who cares what power it is, it's a damn fine car! :dance:

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
i said it before and i will say it again "now thats a spicey meatball" !!!
well done hope your happy with the new baby :)

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Deano.....enjoy it for what it really is.....a piece of automotive history. Well done.
Will look forward to seeing it at the shows next year. Will you have it by 12th Oct by any chance? Are you going to Santa Pod?
I know I have to smile everytime I look at my lowely GTS-t.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Its Yellow...... hmmmm Nice. well done mate on your new toy.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Must have cut-n-pasted that from the GTR board cos I have never witnessed a squabble on this board over BHP claims :)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
:) Buster

J

·
0 Posts
well done Deano youl have to pop down in her then you can scare the crap out of me this time m8 ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Here is the picture that for some reason I keep having to look at - not good to get this jealous af a car when I haven't even taken delivery of mine yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ghost rider said:
well done Deano youl have to pop down in her then you can scare the crap out of me this time m8 ;) ;) ;) ;)
Will do mate , my how i laughed on the way home after that day :)

J

·
0 Posts
I,d love to see you kick some arse in the lemon M8 . take it easy
dude ......got plans for some NOS soon heheheh

J

·
0 Posts
always room to be madder me ol ship mate ....

when I see you next i,ll chat to you about a custom project kit which is all mine and is going to doo y head in one way or another

starting it in the winter ....the wild wild winter ....pm me or text your mob no again lost me phone befor Spain and need y no m8

later

·
Banned
852 Posts
Congrtulations Deano,

the car is spanking gorgeous. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh. No matter what the squables are everyboby has to agree that the car has got presence.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts