Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just a quick one i need answering as im going for a seccond viewing today and if all is good with oil pressures, buying today!

Just need to know the pressure values on the standard gauge, obviously 4bar is the notch that has 4 next to it, but the ones below it....is the lowest notch 2 bar and then going up in o.5 bar to the 4 bar middle notch?

Thanks very much

·
Registered
54 Posts
Depends which model it is, an R33 GTST spec 2 for example has 4 bar in the middle and 2 bar is the only other mark between it and 0 bar.
A good R33 GTST will show over 8 bar when cold running at fast idle and will drop to just below 4 bar when hot at tick over.
Don't trust the std gauge as its crap along with all the other std Skyline gauges, none of them are accurate, they are only a guide :)

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i know about the inaccuracy of the standard gauges but thats all i have to go one when buying one, its an r33 gtr, i think i read somewhere that the first notch on the gauge is 2 bar, then notches for 2.5, 3, 3.5, then the 4 bar notch is labled 4bar, is this correct?

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its only done 31000 km's and is in mint condition everywhere so hopefully the gauges are still accurate

·
Registered
145 Posts
im not quite sure on oil pressure on 33gtst.but.....
my gtr with 10-50 silkolne oil

cold 5.5 - 6
warm idle 2 -2.5
3000rpm 3 - 3.5

on the standard gauges

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i take it the first notch on the gauge is 2 bar then? I need to wait till next month to get some more gauges up the pillar as im skint after spending 10k on my new 33 gtr - but im very happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts