Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car went in to Nemesis today to have the S-AFR setup and im quite chuffed at the result... :D

In the car went with 140 bhp at the wheels...

out it came with 151bhp... :)

just with some fiddling with the fueling...

and this is an R32 GTS25 NON turbo! with an Auto gearbox... :)

so with my new spoiler and skirts turning up on sat, a very happy (If poor!) mattie :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lucky you,I have spent about three days upping my boost and mapping the fueling on my GTST only to loose 11BHP from last time,seems I need a way to advance and retard ignition on higher boost levels,Bugger,but I will keep trying

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
fastfish said:
Lucky you,I have spent about three days upping my boost and mapping the fueling on my GTST only to loose 11BHP from last time,seems I need a way to advance and retard ignition on higher boost levels,Bugger,but I will keep trying
Abbey did mine for me a few weeks ago. Top notch job! Although I did max out my injectors :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fizzy - how'd your car get on mate ?

Matt - great figures, you must be well pleased !

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:) cheers guys... :) now if anyone can help me understand the chart! lol!!

and richard... its an auto too... so should have a larger transmission loss than a manual... :) apparently! :) so yep.. im much pleased with the result!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Fizzy - how'd your car get on mate ?
It got to 244bhp at the hubs but that was with the injectors at 99.8%:rolleyes: It's runnng somewhere around 234 now. Matt, great figures for yours. Did you not fancy Andy Barnes' monster GTS-t?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fizzy, I loved the idea about andys monster... but unfortunately yhe guy looking at mine didnt feel the same way... :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Zoe, the car is pretty standard, apart from HKS induction, Magnex cat back exhaust and a HKS S-AFR :)

and yep! lazy ol seaside Frinton!! lol!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a GTS Non turbo too. Its manual, but I thought they ran standard at about 190BHP.

Im gonna have to get mine on a dyno soon, Im worried ill be disapointed though!! :-(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zoe, the main difference I think was with adjusting the fueling to make up for the improved breathing... from 3000rpm the AFC is increacing the fueling to make up for the better airflow, and nearing 7000 RPM the computer is now squirting upto 20% more fuel in over the standard nissan settings... :)

Mason, do you have a normal GTS or a GTS25?? mines the 2.5litre version... the power output for my car is an at the wheels reading, so a flywheel comparison would be very roughly 200-210 bhp for a manual gearbox, maybe a little higher for the auto as the transmission loss is much larger... :)

I was out at another set of rollers with the Golf VR6 (2.8l non turbos) + Seat enthusiasts clubs. the VR6's were all generating about 140-145 bhp at the wheels with similar mods.... so the Skyline non turbo is still competitive on the BHP per Litre game!

(mine was the most powerful non turbo on the day... and 8th overall... not bad considering the dyno couldnt get a real poweroutput because the thing kept changing gear... :) )

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey,

Its a 2.5ltr Manual, not sure what the differance is with regard to a GTS or GTS25??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the ordinary GTS is a two litre or smaller engine, and the GTS25 was one of the last GTS's which have the bigger 2.5 litre engine :) so im guessing that you probably have a '93 car??
do you have any photos???

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
i have got a gts25 non turbo, have just ordered an apexi induction kit hoping for more throttle response with it, dunno wether it will give me anymore bhp, hope so :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
any 1 got a tel number 4 nemisis? i got a s.afr & itc that need setting up. Mine feel's like it should be pulling more & a bit slugish..

·
Registered
83 Posts
ahhh I see, Its a GTS25 then, Its a late 92 model. Hopefully the picture comes up.........

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts