Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man i'v just finished work and as i was coming out of the car park
i watch one of the lads crash he's supra in to a pathfinder gut
side ways as well
the pathfinder won lol

he just slid side ways on in to the front of the pathfinder

rear quarter pannel'two windows and the door got it as well.
the guy in the pathfinder looked like he broke a nail lol

am pleased i was not in my baby !

john one of my mates who i work with drives a r34 gtt all year round but after to night he want to sell up

sumtimes the snow is not that fun or am i just getting old lol

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Hope the lad was ok.

But I'm amazed at how fast people actually drive in the bad conditions.

As said above the wheels just spun on tick over yet some tit what's to still do 40 50 60mph and still sit in your boot coz they reckon there car has 4wd, ESP and ABS, so there be fine. Err no you won't what part of theres limited or no traction do you not understand.

Guy went in to the back of a bus yesterday. You could see this stretch of rd had ice on it and the camber of he rd meant you would slip into on coming traffic. Yet still, you had people trying to defy the laws of physics in there german **** and had to laugh when the rd strighterned out and one guy slid straight into the back of this bus.

He was like I don't understand I've got ABS why didn't it stop.

Lol are people really this stupid????

·
bla
17,374 Posts
We went to pick my sis up yesterday and when going down a steep hill.. Half way down the hill was a car parked in the middle of the road while people were getting in and out.. WTF.. They could have gone on the drive or even pulled into the curb. Thick ****ing simple t##*s.. We were slipping down the hill and couldn't stop.. We were so close to hitting the car. I wouldn't of been very happy if we did....

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
I really think things like snow should be covered in the driving test, along with doing skid pan courses.

So glad I've go my 406 otherwise i'd be stuck in, the skyline is crap in these conditions.

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Hope ya mate is ok and the supra isnt too damaged

picking up on other posts, there are too many drivers around at the moment not taking the conditions into account and driving as they normally would, these are the idiots causing issues\bumps and not the ice\snow, not going out in any car unless necessary so a weekend on the couch for me (yawn)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Ive driven mine every single day since the snows been here an i really cant see the problem people are having. I use budget tyres which aint great in the wet so should be absolute shite in the snow so how is it i can still drive around like normal while all i can read about on the forums im on is people moaning about it. Im not fed up with this snow at all, it hasnt effected my driving one bit.

Skylines are drivers cars so just drive the damn things

Rant over

·
RWD Enthusiast!
795 Posts
I cant get out of my estate even at second gear idle, the car just spins.

So it has been parked up for a week now and it will probably stay that way for another week at least.

Its just not worth risking out on the open road anyway.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
Ive driven mine every single day since the snows been here an i really cant see the problem people are having. I use budget tyres which aint great in the wet so should be absolute shite in the snow so how is it i can still drive around like normal while all i can read about on the forums im on is people moaning about it. Im not fed up with this snow at all, it hasnt effected my driving one bit.

Skylines are drivers cars so just drive the damn things

Rant over
you must live on and use well salted roads and your car must be relativley stock,and as for the salt/grit...well that rots cars (especially japanese non undersealed ones) so there is another reason the skyline is staying put

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the guy in the supra was not driving silly the weather sucked last night .
just really bad luck i think .
a patherfinder is a lump the supra was def worse off
i was finishing a friday late shift and it was snowing real heavy lol
i did'nt hang about lol home for me

even the jeep was allover the place
in fact all the cars was all over the place
10 mph on the main roads once i got on them
saying that i'v been out with me boy playing in the snow? lol

·
I'm Ron Burgundy!!!!
358 Posts
you should try to drive as normally as possible in snow. The morons that panic and drive at 5 mph are the danger and should stay indoors!!! all they do is back traffic up while all the time more snow is falling and conditions are getting worse, this means they panic more and slow down further still!! I have a tiptronic gearbox so can not leave the car in high gear for better traction so I end up crawling along in second with permanent wheel spin. Then these cretins get to a hill which they can see people are struggling to get up, so again they slow down to almost a complete stop and expect to get up the hill, oblivious to all the other traffic behind them, which will now struggle to make the hill as they do not have the required momentum!! So before you all start geting high and mighty and preaching about peoples driving if you are one of these cretins I suggest you keep your mouth closed!!!

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
I really think things like snow should be covered in the driving test, along with doing skid pan courses.
I agree, as most people just panic and make it worse. I was one of only two people to leave my street on Tuesday, drove 60 miles and saw maximum 35 cars, ok I lost the car a few times, but no big panic, just correct and carry on. I couldnt drive the barge if I wanted to, its well and truly snowed in, just glad I have a shitter to drive.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
So your braking distances are not affected by the ice or snow then no??????

errrr i think they might be just a tad mate you can not carry on driving "normally" in these conditions end of.

Although i do agree about the hill and needing momentum

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
you must live on and use well salted roads and your car must be relativley stock,and as for the salt/grit...well that rots cars (especially japanese non undersealed ones) so there is another reason the skyline is staying put
They only stuck down a very limited amount down here and ran out after a day lol. I work nights aswel so i drove and drive in the worst of it everytime it comes down an every night it freeze's. My cars upto stage one without remap tho so still 300bhp + an if i can go anywhere in this weather im pretty sure most of us can.

Appreciate so people dont wont to drive the skyline in this weather but thats there choice its not that they cant. Thats my point

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.