Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky escape for me and kids but the car is front ended.

All because of a Nintendo dsi.!

Went to a industrial estate Nr stoke on Trent down a long windy road to a repairer for play stations etc as my youngest broke the top screen.

I went there for a quote on Saturday and was told £40. So said I won't bother.
Then got an email today saying £30.
So I think bargain.

I finished work collected the dsi and the kids from school.

Now the road it's on is very muddy with lorries and the like (chemical lane as locals will know it).

Obviously took my time. (Kids in).

At the end of the road after dropping the dsi off there's a slip road onto the A500, in 3rd gear to join traffic (it's about 4,30pm so getting fairly busy).

Back spun up as turned into a 10-15 car gap and lost it. 40 mph tops.

Sorry guys, I can assure you all I wasn't being a dick, anyone that knows me will varify.

The car will be a right off I'm sure.
The kids are ok thank fook.

No more skylines for me,too close for comfort.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353345799.277533.jpg

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Glad everyone is ok mate, that's the main thing :cheers:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers thankyou

·
this is me take it or do one....that simple
4,082 Posts
oh dear bet the passers by were thinking idiot boy racer again lol but sorry for your loss pal but chin up maybe the insurance wont write it off?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh dear bet the passers by were thinking idiot boy racer again lol but sorry for your loss pal but chin up maybe the insurance wont write it off?
^^^^
Kids + skyline don't mix as I do the school run. So will have to go. Not worth it any more.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Holy crapbags! Sorry to hear this mate. The important thing is that you and your kids are ok. How did the front gets smashed if you lost the back? Full 360 into the central reservation?

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
Sorry to see that, did the traction control not try to help out? Someone backed into the front of mine on Saturday night, dented the bonnet and scratched my bumper. Was feeling a bit upset, but your car puts my minor scrape into perspective.

Ian. :(

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for your support.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
**** gutted for you , so easy done too ...
^^^^
Just let go no warning, bloody thing.

Never since I've owned did it do that before. Not even in winter ice and snow.

I won't be able to afford insurance due next Easter time that's for sure.

Those fiat 500's look nice. ;-(

·
Registered
642 Posts
^^^^
Just let go no warning, bloody thing.

Never since I've owned did it do that before. Not even in winter ice and snow.

I won't be able to afford insurance due next Easter time that's for sure.

Those fiat 500's look nice. ;-(
I really do feel your pain buddy. I too was joining a dual carriageway off a slip road when without warning the back end spun round and I lost it. I had driven it in wind, rain and heavy snow with no problems until then.

Glad nobody was hurt. It does make you think though, just how quickly and easily things can go wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Ouch - most important thing is that everyone is ok

may have been oil or such like on the road that chucked the back end out if its behaved fine since today

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate, glad everyone is alright, sad times mate, just shows how easy it is loose it, even at modest speeds, it could have been oil or diesel on the road, I hope you get a fair deal with your insurance.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Sorry to hear mate has i know you put alot of time in to the car. The main thing is you and the kids are fine, cars can be replaced. Get a stagea or something 4wd next mate if you use it all year round. Mine stays in the garage this time of year as i know the unexpected will strike with my luck lol.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts