Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
project deany

so had the car a month now. getting on ok with it witch is good.
the car is a 97 skyline r33 gts-t spec2. with just over 71600kilometers on the clock.

the car is standard apart from the wedsport sa90 wheels and the nismo from bumper exstension.

i've had the car undersealed as it wasnt done so thats sorted.
so my list of things to do is although not in any order.

new head unit.DONE
fix rear driver side spat (bonding agent has broke down).DONE
possibley fix bumper exsentsion, been fixed once ,and the fixing points arnt brill as i found out. so may just get a new 1? DONE New splitter fitted
paint work needs sorting out ,bring back to life again. DONE Repainted in Frozen White
fit front inner wheel arch linners, ordered some but got sent the back part that i all ready have dho.. DONE
paint my brake calipers. DONE
get wheels refubed.

will up date has i get round to doing bits.

thanx for looking ,and comments welcome

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
nice clean engine bay mate, thats my kinda thing.

im gonna paint my callipers too, which is best paint with brush? or rattle can?
how are you doing yours?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice clean engine bay mate, thats my kinda thing.

im gonna paint my callipers too, which is best paint with brush? or rattle can?
how are you doing yours?
hi bud , on my last car i brushed the paint on and it came out quite good.
the paint i use is hamerite smooth paint as it leaves a smooth finish when dryed...

hope that helps..

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
hi bud , on my last car i brushed the paint on and it came out quite good.
the paint i use is hamerite smooth paint as it leaves a smooth finish when dryed...

hope that helps..

i did it on my saxo back in the day with halfords red calliper paint and still have some lift....just cant remember how it turned out lol.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I would change the side indicators to clear or smoked Bud
yer the orange 1's arnt the best looking in the world are thay lol. were's the best place to get new side indicator lenses?

my new head unit arived today :)... will hopefully get it fitted at the weekend?

will get a pic of it when its all fitted.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wots happening

A small up date, have now managed to get hold of the front inner wheel arch linners,took a while as JDM had to get them from nissan so took a litlle longer than expected.

Next up is front spliter now i wasnt to sure if i was going to repair it or get a new 1, but since i had a look at when trying to secure it beter i found it had already been repaired b4 ,not a big deal , but i ended up makeing a small crack a lot bigger so, have orderd a new nismo style 1, and should have that tomorrow.

managed to get all the stereo done aswell with din pocket and relocated ipod lead to under arm rest, although did find out whilst changeing headunits that my left side front speaker is fooked so there now on the list of things to do lol.

have managed to get hold of a oem gtr spolier today again from jdm,so will have to wait for that to arive.

So the plan is as follows ? This weekend get car down to my works, work shop. fit new spliter if it arrives?. fit inner arch linners. remove wheels and paint my brake calipers.

fit gtr spolier when it arrives, then its of to a friend to get the paint work redone, paint work is not tha good in places and not that thick in places,messuers any were from 98 microns to 5o microns ,so needs a few layers of paint on it plus it will freshen it all back up.

will post pics up at the weekend...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
wot i did today

well i dint manage to do wot i wanted last weekend but manged it today.
whiped my wheels of (onley the fronts today) cleaned my calipers up ,gave them a little paint ,i used black hammerwrite smooth.

also fitted my front inner wheel arch linners aswell.

before.

arfter.

all done and wheel back on

also managed to fit the new spolier ( new to me any way)

old 1 off.

new 1 ready to go on.

and all done.

and a few pics of the new headunit all in.

ipod lead is run under center console to the arm rest.

and the mic for when useing phone on the move, works quite well witch is surprising.

and a few of my old solier ,also wot sort of price are thay worth as it will be sold when i can get rid of it. good condition and brake light does work. would just like an idea thats all.

last pic is of the car all done .

and b4 it is said , i will be replacing the spolier end caps when i can, as its not a gtr..

comments welcome.

thanx for looking. And sorry for any bad spelling ...

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
looking great mate that headunit looks the business much better with the spoiler on where are you based there is a place here in the midlands who wet sand the car and buff back up for £100

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looking great mate that headunit looks the business much better with the spoiler on where are you based there is a place here in the midlands who wet sand the car and buff back up for £100
cheers mate. im in peterborough bud.
the headunit is really good onley cost 188 with posting, was the cheapest i could find it ,got it from a place called dynamic sound.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts