Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just one question please. I´m about to change my exhaust system on my R34 GTT. Currently running the HKS HI Power Silent system. Please help!

I definately wanna go for Kakimoto one - cause I LOVE their sound!!! I don´t care about noise limit cause I have Apexi exhaust valve if needed. And I want LOUD!!!

So, any (Kakimoto-) recomendations? What about the Kakimoto Hyper Full Mega N1+Rev?
Anyone running it? Sound? Loudness? It´s a JASMA one, so will it be quiet or can it be loud anyway? Someone from Japan told me it goes very loud (110dB on WOT) if decatted although a JASMA one.

There´s a Premium version of it, not JASMA one, but it seems like only for the GTR?!

What about the Kakimoto GT1.OZ Racing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys, just one question please. I´m about to change my exhaust system on my R34 GTT. Currently running the HKS HI Power Silent system. Please help!

I definately wanna go for Kakimoto one - cause I LOVE their sound!!! I don´t care about noise limit cause I have Apexi exhaust valve if needed. And I want LOUD!!!

So, any (Kakimoto-) recomendations? What about the Kakimoto Hyper Full Mega N1+Rev?
Anyone running it? Sound? Loudness? It´s a JASMA one, so will it be quiet or can it be loud anyway? Someone from Japan told me it goes very loud (110dB on WOT) if decatted although a JASMA one.

There´s a Premium version of it, not JASMA one, but it seems like only for the GTR?!

What about the Kakimoto GT1.OZ Racing?
All the Kakimoto ones you mentioned will be fairly loud. On par with the Blitz Nur spec system.

You can get the quieter Kakimotos such as the 96db or even the 92db versions which have more sound deadening in the silencer. The Jasma means that its approved to pass the Shaken (Jap MOT) and its probably with the removable baffle fitted when testing.

The GT1.OZ is a light weight version and usually has a smaller tailpipe. Centre bore remains the same which is about 3". Difference is the better quality S/Steel which allows Kakimoto to make this system with thinner material.
This system will be as light as you can go without
resorting to Titanium.

Stick with the N1 or the 1.Oz systems if you want noise :)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you kaitai! :cheers:

Only thing is: I want to go for the N1, but it´s designed to meet the JASMA noise limit of 93dB (information on nengun.com) and I thought that it can´t be that loud then. Of course when it´s tested with the silencer in, then it will be far over 100dB on WOT without silencer. Does someone know for sure???

There is a "Premium" version (single exhaust pipe) and a "Full Dual" version (two separated exhaust pipes) of the N1 system, but both are listed only for the GTR. I know that the Full Dual is for twin turbo only, but what about the Premium one, could it maybe fit my GTT? Cause these exhausts are not JASMA and therefore must be loud!!!

Please help me on that cause I´m lost.... :cheers:

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come on, someone knows it, I´m sure... :cheers:

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
just get a pipe company to make you up a 4ins dia straight tube and bolt it on.

Should get the neigbours' attention.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone of you guys know, if the catback part of the exhaust is the same for R34 GTT and R34 GTR?

Really need to know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts