Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

Thought I would throw up a few pics of my '96 R33 GTS25T. I have owned it for around 6 months and am slowly getting it to how I want.

So far I have done the following

Body
GTR front bumper
Side Skirts
GTR rear caps
GTR wing (this may soon change)
GTR custom grill
Nismo clear side indicators

Wheels & Suspension
Lowered springs
DTM Penta Rims
19 x 8 front
19 x 9.5 rear

Engine
3.5" Trial exhaust
HKS Filter
Greddy profec A
Remapped ECU
Front mount I/C
Splitfire Coils
Custom oil catch tank
Blitz b/v
Custom inlet plenum

Interior
Sound system

current power is 221 KW @ rear wheels

Here are some pics

Aim of project is just to have an enjoyable street car. I like the understated look so not planing anything too crazy body wise.

Next mod on the list is a new boot with no spoiler. I want to have the option of spoiler or no spoiler so have got hold of another boot and filled all holes etc. Will have the painting done this weekend and will post a few pics when complete.

Let me know what you guys up in that part of the world think...

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spot On Skyline Mate, Nice To See People Who Do Things Proper Rather Than Just Throw Parts At It And Hope They Stick!! Inlet Plenum Looks Better Than The Greddy Ones! Top Job

·
Registered
834 Posts
lovely car mate !
what inlet plenum is that ?? i thought you would be running more bhp at the wheels than 221 ?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
his power figure is KW not BHP, cant rememeber the conversion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lovely car mate !
what inlet plenum is that ?? i thought you would be running more bhp at the wheels than 221 ?

The inlet plenum is actually the factory one. I just moved the throttlebody to the end and welded a plate over the origional hole. Smoothed it all out and polished it up. I hated the look of the piping running over the engine. Think this makes it look much cleaner.

In NZ we use KW figures not HP. 221 KW is around 297 HP.

Cheers!

·
Registered
834 Posts
The inlet plenum is actually the factory one. I just moved the throttlebody to the end and welded a plate over the origional hole. Smoothed it all out and polished it up. I hated the look of the piping running over the engine. Think this makes it look much cleaner.

In NZ we use KW figures not HP. 221 KW is around 297 HP.

Cheers!

inlet looks really good mate !
i thought it was funny power i would of said near the 300 bhp so not far off !

how was the gtr front bumper to fit ?? i thought they didnt go on the gts as the head lights and front wings are not the same on the gtr ?? or somethin like that ? :notworthy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
inlet looks really good mate !
i thought it was funny power i would of said near the 300 bhp so not far off !

how was the gtr front bumper to fit ?? i thought they didnt go on the gts as the head lights and front wings are not the same on the gtr ?? or somethin like that ? :notworthy
Cheers for that!

Bumper is a fibreglass replica of a GTR one. Had to be slightly shortened to fit as GTR is a tad wider. Not too much of a job. Sourced some genuine GTR indicators to fit in so it looks origional.

I love the smooth look of your car mate. I am in the process of smoothing over and painting a new boot for my car with no wing to see how it looks.

Cheers

·
Registered
834 Posts
Cheers for that!

Bumper is a fibreglass replica of a GTR one. Had to be slightly shortened to fit as GTR is a tad wider. Not too much of a job. Sourced some genuine GTR indicators to fit in so it looks origional.

I love the smooth look of your car mate. I am in the process of smoothing over and painting a new boot for my car with no wing to see how it looks.

Cheers
well you made a great job mate ! i priced up some indicators for my bummper and there where to much so i smoothed the indicator holes to make it a little differant from the rest !
was the inlet a easy job to do ? do you still use the standard cable etc ?
love the wheels there similer to mine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well you made a great job mate ! i priced up some indicators for my bummper and there where to much so i smoothed the indicator holes to make it a little differant from the rest !
was the inlet a easy job to do ? do you still use the standard cable etc ?
love the wheels there similer to mine
Cheers mate. Inlet plenum isnt to hard to do. You can still use the existing cable. You just have to flip the throttle body upside down. Took a little bit of mucking around but it came out pretty sweet in the end. Your rims look awesome to man... definately the look i prefer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love the car. i also recently got my first R33 and i am loving it. plan to do the same thing you did with your intake manifold

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finished the new boot today and fitted it up. Now have one with GTR wing and one smooth.Only takes a few minutes to swap over. What do you guys think?

Please excuse the poor quality....

Cheers

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
I like the no spoiler look because it's different, but if I prefer the GTR spoiler...

Lovely looking car either way! The ride height is perfect and the wheels really finish it off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the no spoiler look because it's different, but if I prefer the GTR spoiler...

Lovely looking car either way! The ride height is perfect and the wheels really finish it off.
Cheers mate. Yea just wanted to have a different look, GTR wing is getting pretty popular these days. Nice to be able to choose between the two styles depending on what I feel like.

·
Registered
834 Posts
anyone know where i can get a front bummpe rfrom like this one ?? it looks ace

1 - 20 of 59 Posts