Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Caravan man
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm looking at getting another skyline but while looking I keep seeing so many low mileage cars!!!! I keep seeing ppl advertise cars with 98k on the clock but it's in km so only 60k miles and when I ask they say the speedo is in miles but the trip wasn't converted... Is this true or is it a clever ploy to make you think the car has less miles. Is there a way to tell if it's true or not.

Thanks

·
Caravan man
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lammy but is there a way to tell either way as I know mine was converted both speedo and trip so when I sell mine I could just say it in km making it a lot less etc etc .... I'm a trusting person lol

·
Caravan man
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The question is how can you tell unless I take it out for a really long test drive. Intact I saw a car advertised in km but he had the converter but hadn't fitted it. Now that to me says he just took it off to make his car seam like it had less miles ... How can you tell ?

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Well you should have an idea... get onto the motorway or dual carriageway for about a minute and see how far you go. Stick at 60.... you should do 1 mile in a min or if its still in KM then you will do more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts