Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you may know our current demo car is the gold Honda NSX, but we did have had an R34 GTT demo project which was sold 2 years ago, and a Black R33 GTSt running 512bhp, but unfortunately due to piston ring failure it has been off the road for just over a year :disappointed: .

Customer's cars always came first, which was why it never got rebuilt. But we have finally got our ass in gear and stripped it down, performed the inspections and rebuilding the engine ready for next season's shows!

Plans for a brand new bodykit, some special carbon items and a colour change will not be missed ;)

History of the car:

We imported it in complete standard form just like this..

Didnt take too long and it soon looked like this..

The engine was pretty standard at the time, abit like this..

After a few overboosting sessions which melted a piston, the engine was stripped, rebuilt and upgraded to a TD06 turbo kit, and dyno'd at 512bhp..

Unluckily, the piston rings failed and we have had to strip the engine down again..

Luckily my JE forged pistons were fine and no bore damage either :smoker:

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
While the head off, it was sent away for headwork, including new valve stem oil seals and re-shimming. Dont have a photo to show unfortunately.

After a couple of months of waiting for parts.. new JE piston rings, new bearings and shells, new gaskets etc we finally get to mount the block back on the stand ready to be cleaned and begin our rebuild!

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes mate, its been so long since we touched the car, I have forgotton what it felt like at full blast!

Oh yeh, I will be installing Nitrous too, so watch out Keith ;)

Albert

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine will be wheeled in a dust free zone in the morning, will take some more photos of the build then ;)

Still got these babies to go on yet ! :dogpile:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
looking good! what front bumper is that cause it looks sweeeet and i want one!!:dogpile:

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Foz,

The bumper in the 1st pic is a standard R33 GTSt type-M bumper. If you want one, i might 1 lying around :dogpile:

The bumper in the 2nd pic is the Nismo 400R, i have some arriving next week ;)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Going to be watching this closely, I don't need ruffians in loud cars tearing up my county now do I ;)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Looking good, i love threads like these.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
:drool:

This kinda thread makes me want to strip and do mine properly.....

keep it up :D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I remember when you sent me pics of that car when she was still in Japan. You were all excited about it and had lots of plans which you then set about as soon as it arrived. :)

Who is that cute looking chap working on your engine?

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Vicky, yeh, its been a long time and the cars been through a lot.

lol, that chap is Pete, my engine builder. He will be at my stand at Japshow this weekend if you are coming? ;)

·
4,143 Posts
im glad you are taking it to a dust free zone as for a second there i though he was building it in a bodyshop!
should go very well and will be nice to see the new body parts to go on

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not many engines get built in an air tight spray booth... might even turn the extractor on for maximum dust free! ;)

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
great thread keep it coming

how many horses you looking at with all these mods? and that huge snail

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was pushing 512bhp and 420ftlb before with the same setup.

I will run higher boost and also 75bhp nitrous jets. Hope to see 600bhp ;)

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
bloody hell guys the last time i saw this it had 3 inches of dust over it.... when its done i think i might have to buy it ;) seriously

1 - 20 of 44 Posts