Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys!!

Following the GREAT success of the track session last Monday I have spoken to Knockhill and have booked a 3 hour track session on Friday 12th October, 2pm - 5pm.

Steve (Tex), James (DathPalmer) and myself met up last night for a few hours to discuss future events and we have plenty of fun things up our sleeves!

The overall cost of this track session is £3500. The session will be advertised on sxoc.com site as well to create some healthy fun competition between the forums.

Numbers for this track session WILL be plentiful as I think the pictures are a VERY good marketing tool to improve on number turnout. We will try and make the cost per car as low as possible. Deposit will be 50% of the overall estimated cost (estimated £60-£80 for 3 hrs!, deposit £35). BBQ and photographer will be present.

And as an added incentive we will have a draw from the list below for one car (from SO.com) to receive the track session for FREE!!!!

Knockhill Track Session -

Date/time - Friday 12th October 2pm-5pm, registration 12pm-1pm.
Location - Knockhill Racing Circuit near Dunfermline, KY12 9TF
Price - £60-£80 depending on numbers for 3 hrs of GREAT fun! Less than the cost of a night out!!
Includes - 3 hr track time + helmet + brief + BBQ + Prizes!

Here are some pics of the first SO.com Knockhill Track Session last Monday..

So, add your name here.....

1) MrScottish - Grant
2)

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To maximise the numbers that show on the day and to prevent the estimated cost for everyone rising on the day we thought a slightly higher deposit would be better and more effective. Deposit would be 50% of overall cost of estimated £70, i.e £35.
Cheers :cheers: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
knocky 2

excuse me for being thick but is 3pm to 5pm not 2 hours ??????

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
knockhill

sorry banner stuck in my head.re read.see its 2pm to 5pm.ime a :asshole:

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Just noticed the name of this thread. This 'kock'hill, will we have to grow mustaches to go there? I don't know many showtunes I'm afriad......

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Im reserved for this at the moment. Reason being im not keen on taking my car on if its packed with people racing about only my gut feeling car means too much. Hmm decisions.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Im reserved for this at the moment. Reason being im not keen on taking my car on if its packed with people racing about only my gut feeling car means too much. Hmm decisions.
I am in the same boat as you mate. Really couldn't afford to have my car trashed but going on the feedback from the last session everyone was very well behaved and respectful off each others pride and joy.

Also we were having a bit of a chat about letting the more experienced guys have a bit of a mini session on their own to go hell for leather with us track newbies staying out of the way.

Get your name down! :)

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I felt the same before Monday but once I got out there it was great. The only potential for damaging your car is if you have an off. As long as the slower cars pull over on the straights to let the faster ones go by, there's little chance of incidents. Everyone was great, I was in the slowest car there and yet didn't feel like there was any risk, as I made sure to get out out of the way of the faster guys on the straights.

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Deekster, I was feeling the same apprehension, but once you are on the track there is no fear of anything happening as its a VERY controlled environment....plus ALL the guys that were on the track were in control and VERY well behaved! Cheers

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
I agree Mr Scottish it did look very civil and in control dont think i counted 30 cars on track last time. I would say i would feel more comfortable if cars were let out in confidence of driver and a limited batch.

My fear. lol is that if i go off there is no way of towing my car plus i dont want to be hammering it about seems a lot for only really wanting a bash and thats it.

PS im in no way wanting to put guys off im just a wooos. :D

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
grant can you stick my name down probably have two going me and a mate who i have sold the one i was in on monday oh and keith said he would bring our brothers in arms from england for the next one so i think there may be a lot of skylines without inviting anyone else first

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
1) MrScottish - Grant
2) Adam + Fee
3) Mark_McQ
4) Darthpalmer
5) Stef
6) Stef mate
7) Texvandoodoo
8) Wookie

·