Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i have a little problem(well i hope its little) with my R33 GTST there is a knocking or banging noise from the back i think it could be the diff or bushes, from a few threads iv read but not sure!:dunno: its not there all the time, and when it is it happens when i accelorate, or give it a quick blip while moving or pulling off!? i first noticed it when i washed the inside of the back wheels and undercarrige with a powerhouse it cluncked when pulling off but went away after a while and now happens every so often! i wanted to know is it a major sign of something going or what??
hope yous can help
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
It could be several of the bushes, diff, Subframe or Top mount for the Shock
best to get it in the air and have a pull about

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tanx Matt
i know u cant tell what it is exactly until u get under and have a look but in your view is there alot of work in it? n is it major problem iv never messed around with the diff b4 so id probably be best getin her into a garage yeah?

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
It really depends on whats gone and What equipment you have bud, A ramp or pit is ideally what you need, The subframe bushes can be shored up with locking rings but it's goning to need new bushes in the future, to do them properly you will need to drop the rear axle,
the rear suspension can be done by jacking up taking the wheels off and removing the rear seats to get to the top nuts, and the diff I'm not sure about the diff bushes as I have not attacked mine But I know there are two and the diffs heavy to support, but you may be able to do them in situe?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I had a bad knocking, noticed worse when going round the nurburgring, my subframe bushes were shot, noticed it quickly once up in the air on a ramp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts