Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I need to get mine sorted, I stupidly put 180mph dials in and its still limited to 110 ;) On the upside I get 0-80 in 2s

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
:bananasmile:i did the soldering and it works a treat and the clocks were bang on until i put big tyres on the back...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bananasmile:i did the soldering and it works a treat and the clocks were bang on until i put big tyres on the back...
Yeah I'm gonna do that too. It looks quite simple ( famous last words )

Did you do as Andy says by joining 6,8,9 and the J2 link, also removing the PESL link. Or do you do something else??????

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I used this one (which is quite probably the same thing) and it worked 100% as stated, absolutely no problems.
Just for info, the speed conversion is very accurate, when checked against a sat. nav.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-SPEEDO-CONVERTER-DELIMITER-PULSAR-SKYLINE-300ZX_W0QQitemZ250381413127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item250381413127&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Did it change the way the car drove?? NEED TO CHANGE MINE BUT DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF CUTTING AND CHANGING THE FACTORY SPEEDO??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used this one (which is quite probably the same thing) and it worked 100% as stated, absolutely no problems.
Just for info, the speed conversion is very accurate, when checked against a sat. nav.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-SPEEDO-CONVERTER-DELIMITER-PULSAR-SKYLINE-300ZX_W0QQitemZ250381413127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item250381413127&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Thats cool.............Was it easy to fit????? Coz I might get one of these instead. That way it'll be easy to change it back if I ever need to.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I got one of them chip things so easy to fit took like half hour if that never had a problem drives fine and accurate to the GPS only thing i would say is be careful of the clocks there really delicate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did it change the way the car drove?? NEED TO CHANGE MINE BUT DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF CUTTING AND CHANGING THE FACTORY SPEEDO??
Absolutely no problems to fit, just be very careful with what you are touching/moving etc.
Took 30-45 mins to fit.
Did not change the way the car performed at all.
No problems with HICAS.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Sold next thing to get is this chip!! The HICAS doesn't fuss me i have a lock out bar, but been told it changes the feel of the car??

·
Registered
886 Posts
It made my HICAS work again! :)

Those chips have a habit of messing with the HICAS and mine's a lovely drive now.

If you can solder and de-solder/cut links, the mod it dead easy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anyone installed a speedo converter for a 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR successfully without messing up the hicas?

Please pm me as i would really like to convert to mph!

Regards,

Alan

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had the exact same one in your link. Speedo was acurate but it messed up my hicas. The steering would get very heavy & the hicas warning light was constantly coming on after I had driven about a mile. Got so sick of it I removed it, transformed the handling immediately, although I now have a speedo back to kmh. I tried the manual conversion by soldering j2 pins etc on the back of the speedo, but it hasn't worked so I'm looking for a more reliable converter chip.

·
Nissan Skyline r33 gts-t
210 Posts
i need to know how to fit one of the speed coverter chips as i have one just dont know were it goes lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts